So I have a 111 TH XP in 7mm rem mag. I bought the gun about a year ago and only shot 20 rounds through it the day I bought it. (turns out I can't actually afford to shoot 7mm). Since then it has just been sitting in my safe unused. So now my problem is I got some 7mm dies for Christmas and I threw together some reloads. However I took the gun out and out of the 20 reloads I had EVERY SINGLE ONE was a light primer strike, even with repeated chamberings not 1 went off. So obviously my first thought was, wow I really screwed this ammo up somehow. However, today I took it out again with some factory ammo, and it was most certainly better, but still out of around 12 I had 1 Dud in the factory bunch as well. So my thoughts are that the rifle is hitting the primers pretty weak and that my reloads might just be using a bit tougher primers (winchester large rifle magnum primers if it matters to anyone) but that astounds me with the rifle being so relatively new and having such little use through it. Before my second outing I took the bolt apart and cleaned it (it wasn't gunked up or anything) and gave it some lube. That didnt seem to be the problem though. So I'm out of ideas and confused, if anyone has some input or ideas that'd be great.

As a side question does the model 111 have the same bolt design as an axis? From what I've gathered the internet seems to say that the 111 should be closer to the model 10 bolt. However, I had this bolt apart and its got the same guts as an axis it would seem. Would that be because its the TH XP and a package gun? Just something I was wondering about.