Well, I don't know what to call this in the car world it would be more of a "build" thread. So, I picked this 1907 up for about $110 off gobroker as a basket case. I knew I'd have some work going into it, but thankfully things as of now seem to be going pretty well. I've definitely got a ways to go before getting it 100% functional but am quickly making progress.

The pistol its self, metal grips are early. This is a 1909, last year for them. Note the fitment at the top.

This is on both sides, I'm pretty sure some idiot lummoxed it in a vise. I'm going to got a piece of 1"X1/4" bar and to popped it out using my press. Magazine fits into the well now.

Here's the actual actuator of the striker and the sear assembly. This was straight when I got the gun. If you don't leave it level when pulling the slide off the front during take down/pull the trigger, you tend to bend these. It's a really common problem. After forcing the slide off, bending this some and putting it back it works much better. Still a bit tight, may need a hair more work but it fires fine and seems to be functional.

Going to have to fab a front sight blade. It will probably be silver soldered in.

This is the last piece I need to figure out. The ejector is kind of hosed, so my plan right now is to drill it out, put another pin on there and get it silver soldered into place. It will also fix the missing safety I have. Hopefully not too big of deal once again. Anyone ever fix one broken like this before?

I'm tempted to hit the range and try it as a single shot. Any reason not to?