Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FCP-SR with factory Kryptek stock

DocFrantz3631

FCP-SR with factory Kryptek stock

Does anyone have info on this rifle? I can't find anything, anywhere, online. I went ahead and bought the gun last night in the store so I was able to handle it and everything. I tried calling Savage but they are closed until the 4th of January. If anyone wants a pic of it I can email or text you.

Basic Member
    Is it the one from dicks?

DocFrantz3631
    I bought it at Field and Stream which is owned by Dicks, so yes.

Basic Member
    I looked at one the other day at our local dicks. Nice looking rifle. They don't seem to last long. Dicks does have them listed on their site

DocFrantz3631
    Oh ok, so it's probably a Dick's special then.

Basic Member

FCP-SR with factory Kryptek stock

Maybe so. Is this what yours looks like?

DocFrantz3631
    Yes sir, if I knew how to add pics I would....copy and paste won't work.

Basic Member
    I'm using tapatalk app on iPhone. Makes it easy!

cica_trix
    Quote Originally Posted by DocFrantz3631 View Post
    Does anyone have info on this rifle? I can't find anything, anywhere, online. I went ahead and bought the gun last night in the store so I was able to handle it and everything. I tried calling Savage but they are closed until the 4th of January. If anyone wants a pic of it I can email or text you.
    I am looking into this rifle myself? How have your experience been so far? How does it shoot out of the box, 1moa?

Wondering how is that different from their regular fcp-sr (model 22442)

Thanks!

Basic Member
    It's the same rifle. They just add $100 to the price for the Kryptek.
    [I]"In the end, run what 'ya brung because it's better than nothing and don't give two ****s what some interwebs chat board guy says about your rig."[/I]

Basic Member

Here is mine i have had a week it shoots fantastic!!

Basic Member

3 shot group today with winchester 150gr powerpoints

Basic Member

3 shot group with federal match 168 hpbt

Basic Member

Its does not like federal fusion 165's ill try them again but...

Basic Member
    jlefud71 nice find on a great shooting rifle. I searched early today and saw one for sale in Hawaii with no shipping. Oh well keep it up.

Basic Member
    My wife bought it for me last friday for my bday. I had my heart set on a 300wsm bear hunter 16 for about 3 years then i seen this gun at dicks a month ago and had to have it! Ill get the bear hunter in late spring but since this gun was dicks only in the kryptek i had to make a move!

cica_trix
    Quote Originally Posted by jlefud71 View Post
    My wife bought it for me last friday for my bday. I had my heart set on a 300wsm bear hunter 16 for about 3 years then i seen this gun at dicks a month ago and had to have it! Ill get the bear hunter in late spring but since this gun was dicks only in the kryptek i had to make a move!
    Thanks for the pics, and nice shot groups! Nice of your wife to get you that.

I went to Field & Stream last night to check it out and saw your post last night when I got home. Today I decided to buy it for my self, they had on sale for 649$, which ended last night, but the sales rep said if I came back today they would let me have it for the 649$.

So far I am liking it as this is my first bolt action rifle. I can definitely see the problem with the magazine and how it does not like 10 rounds in it. I also got to test it today with a cheap field and stream x4 scope that I got in a package deal from my mossberg 500 2 years ago, with PMC 147 Grs FMJ-BT, and got a few 1 moa shots @ 100 yards. I am sure with a better scope, and a more experience person behind the trigger this is a 1 moa or less rifle. Maybe in the future I might try to work something out to fix the magazine problem. Other then that good rifle out of the box, & getting used to the Kryptek camo looks ( better in real life then in pic imo).

cica_trix
    Quote Originally Posted by WinnieTheBoom View Post
    It's the same rifle. They just add $100 to the price for the Kryptek.
    I could not put in the serial number on the savage website to find the parts on this. Do you know if this is accustock, it was advertise as dual pillar bedding on dicks website. What is the difference, is one better than the other?
    Thanks for the help. I am new to this.

Basic Member
    Did you get the rifle? Or not yet? I have a 11fcns, with the accustock. Imo it is good and dose not flex, here is a link too a pic of one. http://www.shootingusa.com/TV_SCHEDU...avageACCUL.jpg
    As for if this rifle your are looking at is pillar beded, or not I'm not sure. If the sku number is the same I think it would have the accustock. Some stores get limited runs of rifles built just a little different than the normal builds, exclusive models for xyz company.

Basic Member
    Mine i bought from dicks is the new accustock.

RMGunner
    It's not an AccuStock. It's the same rifle as the standard 10 FCP-SR but with a dipped Hydrographic camo job, and a 22" (instead of 20" or 24') barrel. The forend is a wide 'beavertail' style. I've seen the Dicks model in person on the rack at our local Dicks store.

Savage 10 FCP-SR
    http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/model/10FCPSR

EDIT: If jlefud71 owns the rifle and says it's an AccuStock then I stand corrected. It's not listed as an AccuStock on the Savage site???

Basic Member
    Mine is for sure an accustock. One of the deciding factors for buying it. Also has the 1.5lb accutrigger. My stock is torqued to 45lbs by me. It had the stickers on it at store as well and i took it aprt when i got home to verify.

Basic Member
    Mine is a 20" barrel the dicks sight was wrong there i measured that as well

Basic Member
    Also fluted barrel on mine which i have heard some people have seen a model not sporting that

cica_trix
    I am new to this and do not have the tools and the spec to torqued it so I do not want to disassemble it to check.
    My sku is 22379. It look exactly like jlefud71.
    I do not really have a clue to how to really tell mine is accustock. Dick's website says "dual pillar bedded stock". I got mine from field and stream, but they are pretty much the same company.

Also because I am on a budget thinking about putting a Primary ARM 4-14x 44mm FFP Scope, could you recommend some rings? I am thinking about the low weaver 30 mm six hole tactical low rings (from amazon) not sure if the scope will clear.

Thanks! :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast