Hello all. New to the forum. Just joined to post this about my a17.

Just bought a new a17 a week ago. Got a chance to shoot it today. I did all the recomondations to a T. Cleaned it totally, then lightly lubed the bolt contact points with mpro 7 sythetic grease. Purchased the cci a17 ammo. Started shooting. Was firing 3 shot groups and then running a boresnake through (just something i like to do with new guns, not sure it makes a difference.

First few groups no problem, then on one of the groups i pulled the trigger and nothing. It appeared that it had cycled and chambered a new round, but didnt cock. I did notice that i was sunk deep in my sand bags and the large bolt handle possibly could of contacted the bags. I took note and adjusted so that wouldnt happen. I grabbed the bolt and mannually cycled it ejecting a live round and putting in a new one. Heres where it gets interesting. The next time i pull the trigger...bang bang...two rapid shots together with one trigger pull. So fast i wasnt even sure of my self if i herd corectly.

A little shaken im paying real close attention now. A few more groups with out a problem then it happened again, pulled.the trigger and nothing as if its not cocked again. This time i put gun on safe, go put up a new target. Come back, manually work the action again...bang bang..to fast shots again with one trigger pull and 2 bullets in the paper.

Needless to say im not a happy camper. Quit shooting right then. I live in canada and i need to contact savage tommorow to see what steps i need to take to get this fixed. Just thought i would post this tonight and see if anyone else has had this happen and get any input on the situation. Gun has less then 35 shots through.

Wish my first post on the forum was a better one!!