New member here, long time Savage owner. I have a Model 10 .308 that has been a real workhorse for harvesting game.
I just picked up a 110 in 30-06 on GunBroker.
I ordered a Douglas premium barrel,stainless 26" 1-10 twist #8 contour barrel and a Stockade Tactical bolt handle from Brownells.
We are barreling it without a barrel nut fitting it up like a Rem, Mauser, Win etc:
A good friend of mine barrels actions at Mickey Colemans Custom Rifles in South Al. and had done several Savages this way, and he will be doing the machine work for Me.
The barrel is 1.220" major dia. tapering to 1" at the muzzle, and it will be installed in a Stockade Gunstocks '' Woodchuck" stock that will be ordered in the money saver version so I can finish it in my own custom woodland Krylon paint job.

A few people questioned why the '06 vs: a .308. I feel the added case capacity and using 180-190 gr. bullets would allow for better trajectory at long range, and will be working up loads for 1000 yd. matches .
The matches I will be shooting in have a No Benchrest style stocks rule, as they are run as "tactical style" matches. Thats why the choice of the Stockade Stock as it fits the criteria.

Any thoughts on this combo good or bad ?