Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Axis HB camo at Walmart question

Basic Member

yea, really good price! accu-trigger or not, either way goood price.

Bruce
    Holy Crap!!

kanddr
    I did the cleaning rod test and it appears to be a 1:9 twist. With that twist I'm limited to bullet weights up to the low 70gr range, correct?

kanddr
    Range report: I took it to get sighted in and they did a great job bore sighting it at the factory because the first shot was dead center and about 2" low at 50 yards. Through about 20 shots it is shooting just over MOA with Federal bulk .223 but that will probably tighten up a bit. Another reason it will probably tighten up is because I cleaned the barrel after about every 5 shots during the break in. Overall, I'm happy with it but will probably change out the stock Bushnell on it.

Basic Member
    they do make the heavy barrel with accu trigger because I own one. it also came with a Bushnell 4-12 junk scope. after 15 rounds the scope wouldn't group or track at all. I junked it and now own a vortex 4-12 and love it.

mine loves hornady v max and American eagle green tip varmint. I can shoot the same hole at 100yards off rear bag and front bipod.

Basic Member
    my buddy also purchased a camo stock, weaver scope, accu trigger 223 but not a heavy barrel.

Basic Member
    finally got time to stick my new trigger spring in the 22-250 and put on the walnut boyds stock :) looks good If I get the scope on this weekend I'll post a couple pics

put a new spring in my .223 also, both now 4lb or less, they were 7 lb to start with

That gun is made for walmart it is a axisII you will not see it on the savage website. I have a 22-250 that shoots 1/2 in groups with my reloads at a 100yd .First thing you do is get rid of that scope it is junk !!!!! . Great gun for the money I put a Nikon 6x20 on it.

Great gun for the money .I have a 22-250 that shoots 1/2 inch groups with my reloads.

Basic Member
    This almost makes me a little teed off about buying a Model 11 Predator Hunter. Put those two rifles on a rack next to each other and it would be hard to tell which is which. Also, it's not terrible, but my scope mounting holes are a little out of alignment on my 11. I love how accurate it is but the "out-the-door-it-goes" manufacturing policies that all the gun companies have today is a little frustrating.

I bet one of these would have done just as well. My 11 does feed ammo better than any other Savage I've handled (with an Axis magazine, go figure).

I'll be sure to recommend this deal to people looking for a .223 bolt-gun, from now on.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TJCeleven

Thumbs Up Savage 6.5 Creedmoor for what it's worth

For what it's worth: I couldn't get my 250 Savage dialed in so I bought this 6.5 at Walmart the weekend before my wife's hunt. Straight from the box, I went through the Savage recommended break in process and got it sighted in at 100 yds. 2nd day of the hunt she knocked down a real nice muley at 250 yds. Standing shot, off a shooting stick, no zoom,1st deer, 1st time she shot this rifle, one shot kill. Proud of her and impressed with this Savage 6.5 Creedmoor. Money well spent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12