Thread: Frankford Arsenal Case Prep Center

Basic Member

Frankford Arsenal Case Prep Center

Anyone own one of these? Thinking about buying this as its the only option I see with a trimmer implement. All others do everything but trim the case. Reviews look pretty good, price is right, just want to be sure I'm not overlooking another solution. Thanks.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/628...r#ReviewHeader

triehl27
    I have an RCBS prep center that I still use occasionally. Most of my trimming is 223, 6x45, 300BO, 308, and 300WinMag.
    223, 300BO, and 308 I do with a Giraud Triway trimmer. Trims, chambers and deburrs all in one press mounted trimmer. About $90ea caliber. extremely precise once setup. Perfect brass everytime as long as I do my part.
    6x45, I use a custom Lee Quick Trim die and Powered Lee Quick trimmer. I have a write up on it. It trims, chambers and deburrs, but it not the same quality as the Girauds, it's good to .002 accuracy usually.
    And same for 300 Winmag, I use a lee quick trim.

Once ea of these is setup there is no setup time other then switching them in the drill press. I have multiple secondary options for each, but they only flat trim, no chambering and deburr with is why I do keep the prep center.

I truly do like have my trimmers chamber and deburr all at the same time. 3 seconds vs 30sec+ going from station to station repetitively.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by triehl27 View Post
    I have an RCBS prep center that I still use occasionally. Most of my trimming is 223, 6x45, 300BO, 308, and 300WinMag.
    223, 300BO, and 308 I do with a Giraud Triway trimmer. Trims, chambers and deburrs all in one press mounted trimmer. About $90ea caliber. extremely precise once setup. Perfect brass everytime as long as I do my part.
    6x45, I use a custom Lee Quick Trim die and Powered Lee Quick trimmer. I have a write up on it. It trims, chambers and deburrs, but it not the same quality as the Girauds, it's good to .002 accuracy usually.
    And same for 300 Winmag, I use a lee quick trim.

Once ea of these is setup there is no setup time other then switching them in the drill press. I have multiple secondary options for each, but they only flat trim, no chambering and deburr with is why I do keep the prep center.

I truly do like have my trimmers chamber and deburr all at the same time. 3 seconds vs 30sec+ going from station to station repetitively.

I looked into the RCBS prep center, but didn't want to come off the additional coin for a separate trim setup vs just buying one already installed with the Frankford. Purchased via amazon 30 min ago. We'll see how she does. Been doing each piece with a drill until now: trim, chamfer, deburr, primer pockets, clean (steel wool). Been taking about 2 hrs to prep 50 cases. I think Im in for a treat as I also purchased an RCBS ultrasonic case cleaner, where Ive simply been using steel wool on the outside of the case before: nothing on the inside. I'm hoping to cut prep time down to less than half and crank out about 100 rds in 2 hours from start to finish.

fabricator1
    I have been using one for about a year and it works perfect and fast. Once you set it up you can trim any caliber and very accurate on repeatability

Basic Member
    Sweet. Welcome to the forum!

Toyotany
    Going on 200 223's and 100 308. Easy to set up and works great. Have about 500 rounds total through it. 30-06,7-08,260. The long 06 sizes are easy on the hand compared to the 223 but it's still better then what I was doing.

Understand that Len at long range shooting magazine is doing a report on just such, all i know is that mine works just FINE !!!!!

Basic Member
    This is the best money I've spent on reloading equipment to date. Absolutely awesome for the price. Hopefully a replacement brass cutter head will be available by the time I wear mine out, if that ever happens.