Thread: Harbor freight ultrasonic cleaner warning

Team Savage

Harbor freight ultrasonic cleaner warning

This may seem like a no brainer but dont let any and I mean any moisture contact the electronic display. I saw a video about this before it happened to me so I was aware of the possibility. On these little units there of course is no drain tube so you have to dump the solution. Because of the shape of the tub let me tell you its easy to have solution spill in odd directions if not super careful. I watched a trickle of water run over the display last night. I thought surely that wasnt enough to cause damage....... uh.....wrong..... Fried it!! I tried to bring it back from the dead like the guy in the video I saw by pulling it apart and drying but no bueno. Done.

Just ordered Hornady's. Its very similar and more expensive by a little. Hope they have it sealed up better. Guess Ill try to be ridiculously careful from now on.

For sale: POS ultrasonic cleaner. does not work. any takers?

Sorry to hear, but good feedback!
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

LongRange
    i think the hornadys are basically the same thing just cost more...if you like wet cleaning the STM tumblers are the way to go IMHO.

I just ran a bead of silicone around the basin of my HF ultrasonic. I'm also a bit careful when I dump the solution.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

I"ve been using one from Harbor Junk for three plus years, no problems. I only put water in the tank, use solutions in beakers set in the water. When finished just pour water out a back corner. Who knows it may OD next time.

Team Savage
    Well I learned my lesson any how. LR, I think the steal media would be best but since I have a tumbler, ultrasonic just adds that extra get the junk out step. The funny thing was I had just finished a load and it looked like jewelry. I told my wife "look Ive finally figured out how to get them perfect". And sadly they really were.

I nearly shot my chrony on purpose today. Ill start my range report. It will come in over several days after I have time to crunch the numbers.

hey arky, Im in Harrison. There is a gun show in little rock jan 2-3. Hope to get down there.