So this fall I was hunting with my Savage 116 classic. I love that gun. But at 35° it was raining, then the temp started to drop and it turned to sleet, then dropped some more and it was a blizzard. After dark when I finally called it quits and got out of the tree my beloved pretty Savage was covered in a thick layer of ice and about 4" of snow! I decided never again am I treating it like that. I looked at all my options and decided I was going to part out part of my .45 smokeless build I did a few years ago since I had moved on and don't shoot it. I wanted to build a short barreled gun for the woods that I wouldn't have to worry about getting in the snow, rain, mud, or whatever.
I had Scope eye hook me up with the barrel and Jim at Apache did the work. It's really a work of art. If it shoots like it looks I'll be in good shape. I moved the Bushnell 4200 that was on my '06 to this one as the rainguard should help with its purpose. I moved the Zeiss that was on this action over to the '06. And it looks good on there.

The action is a Stevens 200
SSS fluted bolt
Recoil lug and nut from NSS
Rifle basix trigger
Duramaxx stock
6.5 Creedmoor 18" barrel

Here it is next to the '06 with a 22" barrel