Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting ready for a Bangsteel.com training day

Basic Member

Yep, getting ready to meet up with the guys now. My schedule keeps me pretty busy on the weekends, I only get one free weekend a month and that usually goes to the girl friend. My element chassis should arrive Thursday, and I'll take her to the local range after that. Then I'll be looking to schedule a visit for a match in the future.
    Some people want to make a difference in the world. I'm just here to howl at the moon.

Basic Member
    Today didn't go quite how I'd have liked. We quickly noticed that my scope doesn't track properly between 35 & 45 minutes of elevation. We spent about an hour bouncing from 400, 600, 800, and 1k only to find that the elevation was not repeatable from yesterday. Looks like the scope will be heading back to Vortex. I was able to participate in the full day, just didn't get near the consistency I had at distance yesterday. So that threw quite the wrench in my day. That being said:

Shooting with Dan and Forrest was an awesome experience. We met at the Subway both mornings at 10am, and were shooting by 1130 as well. We shot for about 4 hours each day, which definitely is longer than it sounds when laying on rocks in 37 degree rain. What an awesome time! I learned a lot about wind, the effects of different theories such as spin drift, Coriolis, and vectoring. It was nice to try my load beyond a couple hundred yards and verify its effectiveness. I wish I lived closer to them because I would frequent the matches they hold. I feel like I got my moneys worth out of the class, and Forrest even let us shoot his .243 competition rifle. It was a Remmy 700 action in an AI chassis, topped with a SWFA fixed 12x mil dot. Took 4 shots with it at 1k and ringed it each time. They couldn't speak highly enough of the 12x SWFA, and suggested I give one a try. Might just do that.
    Some people want to make a difference in the world. I'm just here to howl at the moon.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by upSLIDEdown View Post
    Charlie and I shoot there regularly
    I think I met a Charlie today. Short gray hair?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12