Thread: Striker in a rifle stock??

Basic Member

Striker in a rifle stock??

Is there a Savage rifle stock that will accept a Striker, without the magazine and trigger apparatus? I'd like to take the mag and trigger off my Striker, buy a decent trigger, put it on the striker, put the striker in a rifle stock and cut the rifle stock off and make it a pistol rear trigger stock. Anyone know? The Striker trigger is just horrible.
    Thanks;
    joe b.

yes, if you remove the trigger link and mag box, then the striker action is essentially just a staggerfeed short action. check out specialty pistols forums.m they do it all the time and end up with some real ling range killers.

Basic Member
    Going to a rear grip Striker is all that can be done to improve the horrible center grip triggers. I think you have to drill & tap one hole for the rear grip trigger. I don't know of anyone currently making a wood rifle stock with Striker bolt spacing. Tony G used to make them but I don't think he is doing them any longer http://www.tonysforendsandgrips.net/10.html 7 Fingers is doing aluminum rear grip Striker stocks but they are heavy. Neal Cooper used to make top notch center & rear grip Striker stocks and he was from your area, Kodiak AK. Neal got so burned out on dealing with people with his stock business he won't even talk about them anymore.

Team Savage
    I think I got the last one he (Neal Cooper) had in his stash a couple of years ago. Fitted it with a Whidden V Block and mounted my Model 12 "left hand" repeater action with a single shot adaptor. Red and black carbon fiber dipped pattern on a laminated stock base then shot with a red tinted clear coat. A real looker.
    Last edited by Nor Cal Mikie; 12-17-2015 at 03:27 PM.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

Basic Member
    The action screw center distance is 4.362"/4.364" as close as I can measure. Any action with this center distance?

Team Savage
    Get a look at this. http://www.rifle-stocks.com/Pistol_Grip_Style.htm A couple of us were looking at these for a rear grip stock because they're so hard to come by. And for less than $200.00 you would be in business. There's a couple of styles that you could cut the back end off of and you would be real close to being done. Shorten the fore arm to your likes.
    Get it inletted for your action length or get a short action length and move the front screw hole. That's reral easy. Plug and recut the bolt handle notch on the left side, add a Rifle Basix trigger and you're almost there.

I mounted a lefty action on a right hand thumb hole BR style stock. Got it in greay/black laminate, plugged the bolt cut and recut it on the left side. Stock color was close enough that I touched it with a black marker before I shot it with clear coat. You can hardly tell where the mod is unless you really look.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.