Thread: Magpul PMAG 5 7.62AC Sav10FCP

Magpul PMAG 5 7.62AC Sav10FCP

After almost a years wait for Magpul to get this magazine out to dealers, I received one today and I am happy to report it fits my Sav10FCP perfectly and functions smoothly. Now I'm ordering a couple more. At $35 vs $65 for AICS steel makes it a terrific buy....in my opinion.
    Here a few photos...

[B][I][U]" We have met the enemy.... and he is us ! "[/U][/I][/B][I] (POGO)[/I]

Basic Member
    Don't see it on there web site. There are these for remington. These will not work for original magazine, correct? I have a 10T.

Magpul PMAG 5 7.62AC Sav10FCP

Quote Originally Posted by bearcatrp View Post
    Don't see it on there web site. There are these for remington. These will not work for original magazine, correct? I have a 10T.
    I'm not familiar with the 10T. If the bottom metal is the same as the 10 FCP then the Pmag will work. Here are some photos of my original Sav 10 FCP-SR Accustock....Also showing the factory 10 round mag. Actually the Magpul mag fits better and no annoying "metallic rattle"....!! And the PMAG is also available in 10 round as well.

Twinsen
    Another positive report here.

A friend bought one for his Tikka in a KRG X-Ray chassis. This is a combo that should take AICS magazines. However, a factory AI brand AICS mag and Accurate Mag AICS mag feed terribly. The gun is very unhappy about it due to the extremely steep angle the cartridge has to feed at.

He bought a magpul 5 round AICS mag. It would not fit in the chassis. He had to remove material from the top of the feed lips and front shoulders of the mag with a file. Once he did, it fed smoothely. He is going to buy a few more.

They are very light while AICS mags are very heavy. I wish I had measured max OAL for you guys. I forgot.
    Last edited by Twinsen; 12-09-2015 at 01:28 PM. Reason: typos

Basic Member
    For those with CDI bottom metal conversions, these mags should work as well, correct?
    [I]"In the end, run what 'ya brung because it's better than nothing and don't give two ****s what some interwebs chat board guy says about your rig."[/I]

Twinsen
    CDI is also AICS.

My friend left his mag on my couch! OAL max looks to be around 2.870". So they probably just made sure M118LR fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinsen View Post
    CDI is also AICS.

My friend left his mag on my couch! OAL max looks to be around 2.870". So they probably just made sure M118LR fit.
    Close enough....heh heh

Also, another "feature" is the ability to convert to 6 rounds...

By removing this tab on the bottom of the follower...

Basic Member
    Might have to find some for my rifle once I get some time to hit the range.

gadgetguy1288
    Is there any firm date on when Savage switched from the old AICS compatible DBM to the new($hitty) one?

I want to pick up a 10FCP, but all the ones I can find have the new (non-aics) DBM.

docgentile
    Kkern,
    I see you are using the magpul quick detach sling. What receptacles do you use on your rifle?

Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by docgentile View Post
    Kkern,
    I see you are using the magpul quick detach sling. What receptacles do you use on your rifle?

Ralph
    Howdy Ralph...here's a couple of links for the 1.25" QD swivels & flush cup bushing. That's what I used on the butt stock and used the Atlas BT17 picatinny on the forearm.

http://www.triadtactical.com/Push-Bu...ivel-1.25.html

http://www.triadtactical.com/Bushing...on-Swivel.html

What you will need to install the QD bushing.