Thread: Help

possum1

Help

I'm planning on buiding a 20 wildcat and can't make up my mind on which one. Any and all input would be appreciated. I've narrowed it down to these= vartarg, practical, tactical. What problem's or con's has anyone had with these. Please keep reply's to these three. I understand the draw-back to 221FB brass. Mostly just hunting those paper bug hole's. Thank's Dale, aka 'possum'

Re: Help

Practical and Tactical are so close it's gonna be your choice....with Tac brass being offered and dies available, there aren't the same issues as when it first came out.

The Practical is just that...practical. If you already have 223 bushing dies, it's a no brainer. The practical does give you more options on easily formed brass too.

The Vartarg can be good as well but the biggest thing with it is the brass.

A good barrel would prove accurate with any of 'em. I built a 20 Practical on an AR mainly b/c I already had a Redding Competition bushing die set for the 223 Rem. Simple to form, easy to load (AR is a bit tricky) and big fun.

dcloco

Diddo with Trap.

possum1

Preciate the opinion. Sure thought they would be more. Anyone have both ?

Basic Member

don't have both, but do have a 20 Tac...love it (Shilen barrel). Buddy at the range I go to has a 20 Tac (reason I ended up with mine) and a 20 VT, he shoots 39 BK in the Tac and 32 BK in the VT. Both are real shooters.

on the other hand, I have thought about taking my Mod 12 VLP 223 and making it into a 20 Practical, or building a 20-222 which is really just another practical, have read good reviews on it as well (it is a simple version of a 20 VarTarg Trubo if you will, just no case changes), then there is a 20 Bobcat which is also off the 222 case. Take a look over on Saubier.com and you will find lots of 20's over there.

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.