Thread: Savage 10 ML's

banjoman 56

Savage 10 ML's

Hi, I'm a new member here and have a question! Can Savage 10 ML muzzle loaders be converted to A 10 ML 11 and if so what is needed to convert them. If the answer is no, is there a source for breech plugs and modules for the 10 ML?

I don't understand what u are wanting to do

banjoman 56
    I have the 10 ML which was the 1st smokeless muzzle loader that Savage made. I think they only made it for a year or so before starting making the 10ML-11. The 10 ML uses a different breech plug and a module that the primer is placed in. What I'm wondering is could my mine be adapted to where I didn't have to use the module. I know the breech plug would have to be changed and the bolt either changed or modified, but I'm wondering if it can be done.

There is a place online. I think it is something like smokelessmz.com or like that. I can't find the page now. You may try a search on here to find an old thread. I know it has been discussed.

I have ml-ii, sorry not versed in ml orig.
    U can buy anything u want from savage also
    Last edited by Stockrex; 12-07-2015 at 01:17 PM.

banjoman 56
    Savage don't handle the parts any more, or at least that was what a gun dealer told me. He tried to get some modules and a breech plug for me and they said they no longer stocked them.

45omega
    Google Arrowhead Sporting Goods then send an email or call Luke. He will point you in the right direction.

banjoman 56
    Thanks! I appreciate that!

Basic Member
    Look up Randy Wakeman. He has knowledge and parts a plenty

banjoman 56
    Thanks! I've looked on Randy's site and he has parts for 10 ML-11's, but I didn't see anything for the 10 ML. I may give him a call and see what he has.

The 10ML was a one-year wonder back in 2001 or 2002, and like most anything made these days manufacturers only carry replacement parts - even common wear parts - for a limited number of years. Luke at Arrowhead should be able to fix you up with what you need.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

https://store.savagearms.com/partfinder

Op, put in ur serial # and check if u can get parts.

So can someone pls explain how ml vs ml _ii are different

banjoman 56
    Thanks for all the info! Stockrex, the 10 ML had a different breech plug and used modules to place the primer in. They resembled a 45 cartridge and were loaded much like a single shot bolt action rifle. Just insert the module and move the bolt to the closed position. The 10 ML-11 don't use modules, but the primer slides into a groove in the end of the bolt. There's a couple other miner differences, but these are the biggest ones.

ok, that makes sense,
    you will need bolt head, and breech plug to change it over to ML-II version probably
    I can pm you my serial# for MLII if that helps you to get the parts from savage using the part finder.
    I bought a few breech plugs, vent liner and mother misc parts last year.
    newbie from gr, mi.

banjoman 56
    Thanks, that would be great!

Members who have read this thread in the last 1 days: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.