Thread: Lack up Lapua Brass

Basic Member

Lack up Lapua Brass

I was looking at Lapua's website and noticed they don't make any brass for any magnums with the exception of the 338lm. Any idea on why they don't? Nosler and Norma both make brass for several magnums, so it seems that Lapua is leaving a lot of money on the table.

http://www.lapua.com/upload/reloadin...table-orig.png
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Basic Member
    Nosler and Norma have the 'standard' magnum market in a stranglehold. I don't believe there would be many to make the switch from Nosler or Norma to Lapua solely because of the name... It'd be more dependent on whatever they could get their hands on at the time.

Lapua brass is the only answer for the .338lm and most people know that. I think that with how successful they've been with the .338lm, and the hold they have on that market, the cost-benefits of getting into the "smaller" magnums wouldn't be enough to justify investment.
    [I]"In the end, run what 'ya brung because it's better than nothing and don't give two ****s what some interwebs chat board guy says about your rig."[/I]

Jay24bal
    I wish Lapua would make 6.5 Creedmoor brass.

Kadams1563
    ^^^ your not the only one BUT they have their own 6.5x47.

Lapua used to sell 300win brass but even it was made for them by Norma.

From what I've gathered Lapua has stayed away from the magnums because they are not popular in Europe.

They stick to the calibers that sell well there as well as here in North America.
    "Muzzle velocity is a depreciating asset, not unlike a new car, but BC, like diamonds, is forever."-German A. Salazar

Jay24bal
    They stick to the calibers that sell well there as well as here in North America.
    This is why I am surprised they have not started making 6.5CM. With all the rage being around "tactical long range", PRS type matches and the 6 and 6.5 mm cartridges dominating the long range game now, I figured they would jump on it and start making brass such as 6.5 or 6 CM, or the dashers.

O well. I came across a lot of 200 Hornady cases in 6.5 CM for dirt cheap (brand new, in box, all from the same lot) so I will see how they do.

Basic Member
    Rumor is that Lapua is going to do 6.5CM brass before too long.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay24bal View Post
    O well. I came across a lot of 200 Hornady cases in 6.5 CM for dirt cheap (brand new, in box, all from the same lot) so I will see how they do.
    It will work just fine. Been using it in my Creedmoor since 2008. It makes very accurate ammo.

Basic Member
    When I was debating which caliber to use, either the 260 or the 6.5 creedmoor, what ultimately swayed my vote was the availability of lapua brass in 260. Also, the ease of which I can make 260 from any 308 family. I just wish I could get Lapua brass for my 7mm rem mag.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.