Thread: scopes.

savage83

scopes.

I'm building a 6.5-284. And I'm looking for a scope in the price range of 1500. That's about the max I can go. I would like ffp. What do you recommend for this. Gonna shoot steel mainly. I have a vortex on another rifle and I like it ok. It's a cheap vortex though. This is my first long range rifle.

Basic Member
    Keep an eye out for a Razor 5-20x on sale. They have been running around $1600 mow but if you find a sale you can find them cheaper.

savage83
    I've been looking at those. I'd love to have a night force atacr f1. But just can't swing it right now. May need to save up a little longer. Lol

Basic Member
    If you are getting into the $2000+ range then the Razor IIs need a look. Awesome scope.

Basic Member
    You might could score a deal on a used nightforce, but you risk not getting FFP. As others have said, it would be best to keep saving for a better scope. Or you could look at a Burris XTR.
    http://swfa.com/Burris-5-25x50-XTR-I...pe-P79831.aspx

You could also look at the Luepolds, possibly find a used one.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

savage83
    I've been looking at the razor 2 also. Read some reviews on it. Seems to be a good one.

If you're willing to spend Razor money, they're hard to beat for the price. If not, the Viper PST is also hard to beat for the money. I have a one on my Creedmoor and absolutely love it. I shoot steel out to 1100yds regularly, in matches, and for fun, and I've been as far as 1570yds with it. I also own a 1st gen Razor 5-20 that I like too, I just haven't been behind it anywhere near as much. No cash for the Gen 2 though. Any of the above will suit you well. You won't be disappointed.

Strutnut
    x2 on the Burris XTR II with the SCR reticle. Very good scope for the money. Also look at Bushnells. NightForce did come out with a FFP in their SHV Line for under $1300 but restrictive in magnification range. I suspect they will be adding more FFP to the SHV line in the near future. For under $1500 the Busnhells and Burris XTRII would be my first choice.

Basic Member
    Any body use Meopta scopes on here?

LongRange
    save up another $1000 bucks and get the razor GEN2...$1500 will get you a nice scope but why spend $1500 now and then $2500 later on what you REALLY want.