Hi Everyone, Only new to the forum as I just put money down on a LRPV 1:9 22-250 so thought I would join and have a read. The reason for the purchase is to build a rifle for f-class and the odd LR BR. I will be getting a 6.5x55AI chambered barrel for it as well as I have the reamer, dies etc ready to go.

I actually purchased a heavy 30" 1.450 barrel before deciding on the savage as the basis for the rifle. Its still in transit, I am thinking this will be way too heavy a barrel to run on the savage, but for the price it was too good to pass up. I figured my options were to re-profile this barrel which everyone has differing opinions on, some say it will wreck a barrel other people that I know have experience with re-profiling say its fine so not real sure what to do or I just sell it and it will cover the cost of another more suitable barrel.

Here in Australia we don't have the luxury of easy to obtain savage swap out barrels so any new barrel is going to have to be threaded really. Although a set of Brux barrels from SSS would be nice I don't think anyone in AU imports these for us.

So I figure it will be a Heavy varmint contour in the end.

Ryan