Interested in the subject gun for a first bolt gun and something that should fit the multitude of uses I enjoy. Run & gun, steel plates and some longer distance 100 - 500 yrds steel plate shooting and general paper punching at the local range. Reloading for the .308 is something which also sounds like fun. Things I like about the rifle are adjustable stock, trigger, threaded barrel, iron sights with optic options and the general versatility. Only bummer IMHO are the proprietary magazines.

There was an earlier thread which addressed this new Savage model albeit just a new generation of the model 10. Looking to jump start the conversation again.....
http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...t=Burris+Scout

Savage and Ruger seem to be in bit of a battle for "scout" customers so they must be selling. Thought I'd see if there's anyone else here who's taken the plunge and what optics etc are being used and how the rifle is performing? Read the test report here at Savage Shooters by MrFurious which was great but thought I'd see if there were any more shooters with added insight. Thanks -

Monty