Hi all. Thought I'd stop in and say hello and thanks.

I bought an Axis .308 Lefty last week and found this site while researching upgrades. I signed up but waited to post until today because I wanted to get all my bits together. I have to say that I couldn't have done it without all of the posts and threads and advice y'all have laid down here over the years. Yes, I did actually manage to find all of the answers I needed by searching through the forums.

This is what I ended up with:

Savage Axis .308 Lefty
Boyd's Heritage stock in Forest Camo
Timney trigger
Burris XTR II 5-25x50 w/ FFP G2B Mil-Dot reticle (was gonna go SCR reticle but they're back ordered until Doomsday and I figured the G2B would be less clutter anyway)
EGW Axis 20 MOA mount
Vortex Precision Matched 34mm rings .92"

I believe that covers it for now. The rifle is for long range target shooting only because I don't hunt (unless ISIS visits my town). The Timney is already installed and the stock arrives today. I'll have to wait for another week for the rest of the goodies to show up but that'll give me time to fidget with the stock in case I have some of the issues I've seen others here contend with.

Also want to say thanks to EGW and Vortex. Their customer service guys were awesome and helped me through making the right decisions. EGW could have sold me their 34mm rings but they were honest and said they'd be too high so instead referred me to Vortex. Vortex took the time to ask about the rest of my rig so they could recommend the exact rings I needed. Great people at both companies.

Thanks again, y'all, for all the info you've put out there. It is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
John