Thread: HELP! High Capacity Magazines

sharpshooter922

HELP! High Capacity Magazines

Hey everyone,

I really need some help. I purchased a Savage 64 because the sales associate said it was more accurate then the ruger 10/22 and to be honest I liked the way it felt in my hands but I am having a problem. I realy would like a magazine over 10 rounds. Are there any higher capacity magazines for the Savage 60 series.

Thanks in advace for your help.

-James

shelbyfan

Re: HELP! High Capacity Magazines

Nope, sorry, no high capacity magazines. I have heard good things about the 64, some minor bad things also, I have been thinking about picking one up myself, although in no way are they as good as the 10/22, but they do cost half as much and will most likely be a bit more accurate out of the box.

If you want higher capacity the Marlin 60 holds 14 and will be a very nice rifle. Some other models will hold more. The Remington 597 has aftermarket magazines that are 25 rounders.

From what I can tell, 64 owners are happy with the gun. Just buy a few extra 10 rounders and go to it.

BIGDAVE54

I have seen this question at least a dozen times in the last month. I refuse to buy a Ruger 10/22 because I don't want to throw money away on hype. It is an okay rifle at best. There is no way the 10/22 can touch a Savage model 64 out of the box. The only thing the Ruger has going for it is truckloads of aftermarket parts. If the rifle is built right the first time there is no reason to rebuild it when it is taken home.That is why I bought the model 64. It reminds me of the Sig snobs in the handgun arena. I bought a FNP .45 ACP and was covered up with emails and crap on websites about how much better the Sig was. In 1995 the FBI sent 55 gallon drums of them back to their factory when all the slides broke on them....so much for snobbery.A few people will say they have heard bad things about a model 64...Oh yeah ....What have you heard?....I do not see droves of killer rabbits and squirrels overunning innocent families so NO I do not need a 50 rd. mag for my model 64 either.

shelbyfan

When it comes to basic reliability and build quality, the 64 cannot come close the the 10/22, 60, R55 or any other decently made semi auto rifle. The 64 is exactly what it is sold to be, a decent, reliable, CHEAP 22 plinker, but in no way is it a high quality gun, it is on par with the Mossberg Plinkster, and the Plinkster is having less problems.

BIGDAVE54

I do not believe that for one milla second. There is no way the Plinkster can come close to the model 64. All one has to do is hold the model 64 in one hand and the Plinkster in the other and that experience alone will reveal who is full of it in this discussion. Are you making the claim that the model 64 is not a decently built rifle. Then why are you hanging out at this site for?You say...well I really don't understand what you are trying to say. Read your statement and come back when you have something truthful to say. I read the 64 can't come close to your reliable rifles and then in the VERY NEXT STAEMENT you say it is sold to be a DECENT RELIABLE cheap 22 plinker...Take your bogus mentality to someone elses post. The Plinkster is crap...the model 64 is not....don't waste your breath anyone that has seen or held both rifles knows you are full of it. I guess if you pay money they will let just anyone hang here. I will not pay to be around BS artists like yourself. You sound like one of these 10 year old kids that shot grandpas rifle once now you pounce on anyone any time with your oddball version of reality.

Medic_01

so basically no high cap mags then.
    nothing else from different models will fit ?

shelbyfan

Quote Originally Posted by Medic_01
    so basically no high cap mags then.
    nothing else from different models will fit ?
    Guess you are going to have to get out your tin snips and a pair of pliers ;D