Thread: help with my build

bigleo18

help with my build

I am looking at a 12fv in 308 and putting it in a mcrees chassis still need a scope ,rings and bipod is this a good pair to start off with looking to get into long range and if you could help with the rest thanks.

Basic Member
    What is your budget? 20 moa base, Seekins rings, harris bipod, and a decent scope. The new Burris are nice, Bushnell, vortex, S&B. Depends on what you want to do with it. LRP has the closed top and target trigger, it is also a large shank.

Kadams1563
    If he's looking at the12FV from Cabellas then I don't think it's the same. What's your budget for the scope?

Rough estimate
    $1000 for optic
    $100 for base
    $130 for rings
    $120 Harris bipod

bigleo18
    I am looking at a Atlas bipod the scope I am looking to spend 5 to800 on if I can get a good scope for that is the chassis and rifle a good combination to start with

Kadams1563
    Sent you a PM. Those atlas are nice but I think you would better off on saving some coin and go cheaper on bipod and put more in the scope.

Basic Member
    Yup, get the Harris bipod, the atlas is nice, I have one too, but for starting you you'd be better off with more money for a better scope. The Harris won't be an issue and lots of guys shooting PRS still use a prefer a harris. A used Bushnell 3-21, new Vortex PST FFP, or Burris SCR. I started out with the vortex, it's a decent scope, I also have a bushnell and the new burris which has the best glass of the thee.

LongRange
    murphy precision 20moa base
    votex PST or better yet the razor line if you can afford it
    ARC M10 rings

Basic Member
    Vortex PST is an awesome scope, I have 2 with their EBR-1 reticle, couldn't be happier.

If you are going to be shooting prone at the range don't overlook the older Sinclair used. Might find one for < $120.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Put as much money as you can in the glass. I have 3 vortex pst scopes and couldn't be happier with them. Invest in the optics, or you'll have to later on. Buy once, cry once.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Basic Member
    Here is my 2 Cents...if you are on a budget.

Scope: Primary Arms FFP 4-14x
    Scope Rail: EGW 20 MOA
    Rings: Burris XTreme Tactical 30mm
    Bipod: Harris 6-9 BRMS with podloc.

If you are using the rig for bench/prone style long range shooting and not competition or hunting the PA Arms should work just fine. Don't get me wrong, I think higher end optics are great, but you can get on target just fine with some the less expensive scopes.
    AXIS 7mm-08 , 22-250