Thread: Model 12 22-250 with Bell and Carlson stock

hadden

Model 12 22-250 with Bell and Carlson stock

New on here so correct me or point me in the right direction if this is in the wrong place. I usually shoot .308s mainly Remington 700 or DPMS .308 LR but have come across an opportunity to get a Model 12 22-250 with stainless steel fluted barrel and a extra barrel. . I was wondering if anyone had any comment or experience with this particular caliber and any opinions on it. My goal is to end up with a 111 Long Range model. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Stonewall_Jackson
    I have a .223 12 LRPV which has the stainless barrel. I like mine really well. Mine isn't fluted though. It was made before they started doing that. Also I have a 30.06 110 with a B&C stock which works very well.

Basic Member
    I have a model 12 with fluted barrel and it shoots amazingly well. I've never had problems with it and it's one of the most accurate guns I have. I've shot groups in the two's when I do my part correctly

My 12BVSS in 22-250 is a great rifle. It should shoot as well as you can. The 22-250 is a precise, super fast laser beam of death for varmints and blows Nutria Rats to smithereens and red fog way out there with 55gr V max. It does pretty darn well on paper too. This target is 8 rounds (2 full mags) at 120 yards and the rifle shoots like this over and over all day. Only a couple of cents more in powder that .223 to load. just think of it as a .223 exposed to lots of steroids, radio waves from outer space and and 1960s radioactive sludge. That or a very cost effective super fast over bore "mini" magnum.

A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

Basic Member
    When I ordered my Model 12 FVSS the photo showed a fluted barrel, when it came in it was a smooth barrel. My rifle is a shooter and so far has shot just about anything well. It shoots 55gr Sierra Gamekings over 36.0gr of Varget very well. I killed eight groundhogs over 400 yards this summer with the longest being 446 yards.

Team Savage
    i have the model 12 fcv in 22=250 and like it , it has the accustock, i have have a new model 12 in 204 ruger , both shoot the right load great ,

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hadden View Post
    My goal is to end up with a 111 Long Range model. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    The model 12 is a short action (normally), not sure if that will matter to you but I wanted to point that out
    That being said it is also a great model and caliber
    Jack