Thread: Cheapest place to buy a 10,11,110,111

Basic Member

Cheapest place to buy a 10,11,110,111

My buddy is looking to buy one but everything local to us is expensive even used. Where is the cheapest to find then

Basic Member
    Tell us where you are located. I know a few places to look in PA.

Basic Member
    Springfield mo

Basic Member
    Cabelas has the $379.00 ...12FV special going on right now

Basic Member
    That sounds awesome. I just told him about it but the nearest cabelas is 2.5hrs away

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by futurerider103 View Post
    That sounds awesome. I just told him about it but the nearest cabelas is 2.5hrs away
    how bad does he want one?

Bruce
    Holy Crap!!

Get some shooting buddies or the family together and make a road trip out of it! Do some Christmas shopping!

The Cabelas 12FV is one of the really great deals in guns out there. There are not a whole lot of options on it, but it's a bargain for a great shooter.

Basic Member
    Bass pro is showing the model 11/111 hunter xp rifle combo for 419.99. Thats local to you
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

Stonewall_Jackson
    Are they open to used rifles? You can often find some real steals on used stuff especially right after deer season. There are guys who buy a rifle and keep it long enough to bag a deer then sell the rifle after the season is over. I bought a used 12 LRPV for about $300 less than the new price and it had about 10 rounds through it. The original owner thought there was some accuracy issue with it. I knew Savage would fix it if there was an issue but I suspected they just hadn't broke it in. I'm not a guy that thinks you need a witches hat and a cauldron to break a rifle in right. I just think they need to be shot a few times to knock down any imperfections maybe on the crown or in the barrel or in the action. Whatever the case by the time I had 200 rounds through that 12 it was shooting like a million dollar rifle. I told the LGS owner, who sold the gun to me on consignment, how well it shot and he about had a cow. Obviously he thought he was selling me a lemon. That's happened to me more than once. I sent in a SA XDm pistol to correct a problem when the original owner thought it was messed up. I saved about $200 on that deal by buying slightly used and being patient enough to let Springfield fix the problem. I had other pistols. I could afford to wait. And it worked out great. There were no questions at all about being the original owner.

Basic Member
    He is open to the used rifles and that's what I've been telling him is to wait because in the last 3yrs and have under $300 in both including both having Leupold scopes

Basic Member
    My .270 110e on the left after i refinished it and the .243 I cut down 2in from the stock and 2in from the barrel for my son.

Basic Member
    To Futurerider, When your son gets grownup, I have a pair of the Beech wood left overs if you want. (Both are blind, stagger feed magazine) But personally, I put $120 or so in to a Boyd's stock to spiff up the appearance. By the way, what is the stock on your 110e 270? that looks nice.

Basic Member
    Thanks.
    That is the factory stock on my .270 that I refinished then sprayed lacquer and lots of wet sanding to 2000grit.
    Here is what it looked like in the pawn shop. I got it for $130

Factory approved

How much ephod you need out of the stock? It will be later because I'm currently looking for work so no go on spending money currently

Stonewall_Jackson
    FWIW I bought a used 110 in 30.06 for $225 and it came with a scope. The stock was starting to warp and I think they knew that but it didn't cost a lot for another one. I shot the heck out of that rifle for a long time.