Thread: 25 cal 75gr vmax

slaroy

25 cal 75gr vmax

Where can I find some 25 cal 75 gr vmaxs? It seems like every site I check is out/ has them on backorder!

any reputable sites that might still have some around, checked cabelas and midway, no luck, where else do I look?

thanks -Scott

flatshooter

Re: 25 cal 75gr vmax

www.powdervalley.com or www.widners.com you can even try www.gunbroker.com
    someone is bound to have them.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

flatshooter

I usally find bullets at gunshops.

Dunno man...every where I looked is out too. It won't have the same BC but you might think about trying the Sierra 75g HP. My Stevens 25-06 shoots the Sierra very well with H4350.

Quote Originally Posted by trappst
    Dunno man...every where I looked is out too. It won't have the same BC but you might think about trying the Sierra 75g HP. My Stevens 25-06 shoots the Sierra very well with H4350.
    + 1 on the sierra 75 I use them in both of my 25-06 s and they shoot great.

slaroy

Thanks for the leads fellas... another day with no results. I've always had this "thing" for vmax's but I a gonna go with the 75 gr sierras. I am assuming that they will expand close to what the vmax will do. Never shot the sierra varmint bullets.

Couldn't find them, either, for close to a year, now. Broke down and got some 75gr HP's (Hornady).
    They are pretty accurate, but do not have the BC of the V-Max.

Someone advised me to try the Nosler 85gr Ballistic Tips. They're a little heavier than I wanted,
    but the BC is good @ .329. With 54.5gr RL17, I'm getting 3500fps and as tight as 5/16" groups.
    I've been a Hornady guy for many a year, but the Mod 112 is going to get the diet she likes!

okie2

did any one think of lookinh here
    they have them

http://www.hornady.com/store/25-Cal-.257-75-gr-V-MAX/

http://www.hornady.com/store/.257-25-CAL/
    here is the reason you can't find them

Product Availability
    April 10, 2009
    The shooting sports industry as a whole is currently experiencing record sales. Here at Hornady Manufacturing we are breaking our own production records in an attempt to keep up with customer demand. We have added extra shifts, machinery and we are also in the process of expanding our manufacturing plant. We will continue to produce as much product as we can while still retaining the high quality control you’ve come to expect from us.

With the demand for our products being as high as it currently is, we are forced to make some temporary changes. Until further notice we are only able to ship ammunition, bullets, cases and major reloading tools to our wholesalers and retailers. This means that we are not able to accept consumer orders for those products via telephone or our website. We will take telephone/web orders for reloading spare parts, press accessories and specialty dies. Click here to download a list of available products you can purchase on our website. For ammunition, bullets etc., your favorite retailers and sporting goods chains have large orders placed with us so you will receive your product faster by purchasing through them than you would by ordering factory direct.

We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this may cause anyone and as soon as this situation eases we will return to accepting retail orders.