Thread: are there any other triggers besides SAV-1 & SSS for 111 with triggerguard bolt rel?

Question triggr with triggerguard bolt rel? and pics of 111 in 6.5x55 Lady Hunter

I would like to find a SAV-2 (Rifle Basix) type of a trigger that will work in my wife's 111 Lady Hunter (rechambered to 6.5x55) LA (original 270win configuration) which has bottom (triggerguard) bolt release.
    There is so much money went into her rifle already and trigger is the last sucky part that needs to be improved for a 'perfect' rig.
    Thank you for any help.
    P.S. I am well aware that SAV-1 and SSS (with some 'fitting') will work with that type of a release.
    P.P.S. ultimately, if there is a great bottom metal with a side release that will drop in with minimal wood releaving, I would be all ears if an exact part number can be furnished.
    Last edited by KAIFS; 11-24-2015 at 11:57 PM.

Basic Member
    Nope. There isn't any other triggers for her. You might try a varmint spring $7-10. and some polishing with Flitz and a buffing wheel. If it's the accutrigger's safety blade you don't like, it can be removed and operated like a traditional trigger, but it will never be comparable to RB Sav-2.

Accutrigger on her rifle has a painfully ridiculous overtravel, which safety blade is a part of an issue...
    I send emails to Rifle Basix (nothing back, shocking), tried to call Timney (NEVER can get thru) just to see if they consider adding triggers for this growing in sales platform, well, no contact with either...
    Myself, I would be OK with a SAV-1, but her question is: Why can't I have a trigger (SAV-2) like that on my new rifle :) ?
    All in all, it turned out a terrific build (aside 7mo wait for a Krieger 5-R barrel), just want to make it perfect for her since she was patient for almost a year while it was worked on...
    Tried new mags today - bought a pair of http://www.darkeaglecustom.com/magazines.php LA 10rd magazines from Dan - those are really slick magazines, I am not sure if anyone else is making Axis tab style mags for LA in that 10rd capacity. If I end up duplicating her build for myself, for sure will get my own magazines too (not light with that aluminum block for a follower :) ), but his function and release better compared to the factory ones.
    opened up a Siekens 5.56 muzzlebreak (1/2x28 thread) to 7.2mm for a .284 opening - that 'killed' probably 35-40% of already mild recoil in 6.5x55. Ken Farrell did a one piece scope base, XTR rings, Bushnell 6500 2.5-14 glass, oversized bolt handle, bedded action... I am just listing all the features to show that it deserves a better trigger :)...

Accutrigger on her rifle has a painfully ridiculous overtravel,
    There is an adjustment screw for this.

which safety blade is a part of an issue
    As far as I know the safety blade has nothing to do with over travel.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Well...

The safety blade certainly has nothing to do with overtravel, it can cause a person to perceive a certain feel of "creep", though. If it bothered me, I would remove it.

As for overtravel, none of my Accutriggers have any adjustment for that.

http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/au...0Hunter?sort=3
    still no luck with a decent trigger for it yet, everything else is great, its a 1/2MOA rifle off sandbags...

Basic Member
    Did you try the varmint spring and polishing the sear and trigger?

yes, I have exhausted my ability of this accutrigger. As I said before, its a long trigger, and yes, I do count safety engagement/contact point as a starting point of the trigger until it releases. Weight of pull is not an issue here, its the whole getting used to extra safety + trigger travel length (aka creep).
    Trigger wise, I am just going to wait until a reputable trigger comes in the market.

Basic Member
    remove the safety blade.

Back before triggers had over travel adjustment, it was common practice to drill & tap trigger guard for screw, so that over travel could be adjusted, used set screw with nut to lock in place.