I know I'm going to be in the minority here, but man I hate most of the prefit barrel options being offered by most distributors. I mean if more people were like me they'd be offering what I want right? I just hate all the Varmint and Bull barrel offerings, can't there be at least a sporter version offered up every once in awhile. What I'd love to see is some Savage lightweight hunter contours offered up in short action chambers in the 20-22" barrel length range every once in awhile. I mean since I have to wait 16+ weeks for a custom barrel the contour I want I usually just send off a Remington or Winchester action to have the barrel installed, and the have better options for light weight hunting stocks anyway vs. the Savage, and they usually have them in stock.

Don't get me wrong I still use the heavy barrels from time to time, and have even had a few turned down. However, that really doesn't save me much money in the end vs. having a smith install and chamber the barrel. I guess one of these days I'm going to have to see if there is enough interest in doing a group buy on some lightweight contour barrels from CBI, McGowen or other prefit barrel maker.