Thread: Just bought a Savage Choate from Cabela's What Mount and Rings?

hbus1300

Just bought a Savage Choate from Cabela's What Mount and Rings?

I just bought the Cabelas Savage Choate Tactical and need to get a base and rings. Like everyone I dont want to spend more than I need to, but don't want to have to buy twice. I think I am going to get a EGW HD 20moa rail and am looking at the EGW rings as well. A lot of people seem to like the Burris XTR rings as well and they are a lot less money. I plan on putting a 16x SWFA SS scope on it or maybe a Vortex if funds allow. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Just bought a Savage Choate from Cabela's What Mount and Rings?

Egw bases and the XTR rings go together like PB&J. With the SS scope the low rings leave plenty ot room under the scopes bell.
    FROGGY
    See profile for fire arms
    Do it today there maybe no tomorrow

hbus1300

So I went ahead and bought a Vortex from a vendor on the forum, Doug at Cameraland NY. They had a Vortex 6.5-20x50 PA Riflescope with Mildot reticle for only $349.99 shipped. Seemed like a deal i couldn't pass on as this scope is normally $499 +shipping. Figured with the Vortex warranty I would be good either way. So what height rings would I need to get to clear the 50mm ? I'm thinking medium, but the HD EGW base is thinner so I'm wondering if it would still work with low rings. Does anyone have this scope or similar and if so what height rings are you using?

hbus1300

So after emailing EGW and asking them this question they said to go with the HD mount and the low rings and it would be perfect. I went ahead and ordered them from Midway and i should have them by the end of the week. I'll post some pic's once I get it together in case another person has them same question later on.