Thread: 10 BA 6.5 Creedmoor

Team Savage

10 BA 6.5 Creedmoor

Initially looking to buy a Remington precision rifle, I came across the 10 ba in creedmoor caliber. It has the exact body style of the 110 ba only its short action. I got ahold of savage and the individual I spoke with didn't even know they made them. Well come to find out, there were only about 16 ever built. At least this is what I understand from information I have gathered so far. I was wondering if anyone here has any light to shed on this particular rifle. The way I understand it is savage built two initially, one for two different corporations. Then built 14 more and brought them to a shot show a few years ago and that is where the seller picked up every last one of them.

Now the part I don't know and would like to. Were they built by the custom department? And if so were they accurized a little more than production rifles.

My experience so far with shooting it. The trigger seems to adjust a bit lighter than my 338 LM in 110 BA and is noticeably more crisp. Also after painstaking break in. Its extremely accurate. .5 moa or better. I cant shoot any better than that even if the rifle could.

LongRange
    i dont have the answer but can you post a pic of the rifle? id like to see it.

Team Savage
    sure will at the very least a link to photobucket. I have the pic on my phone so give me a moment

Team Savage
    Last edited by J.Baker; 10-31-2015 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Fixed it for ya

Team Savage

The black one is the Creedmoor. The camo is lapua
    Last edited by J.Baker; 10-31-2015 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Fixed it for ya

Basic Member
    Never heard of them before, but it looks cool. Accuracy sounds to be on par with any other Savage rifle that I've owned. .5 MOA is pretty good, but nothing extraordinary for either my Model 10 or 110 .338, especially if you're talking handloads. Would be interested to see if it's a different trigger though.
    [I]"In the end, run what 'ya brung because it's better than nothing and don't give two ****s what some interwebs chat board guy says about your rig."[/I]

Team Savage
    Those groups are with Winchester off the shelf ammo. Im currently on the hunt for the perfect round for that gun. checking them all with chrony etc.

The trigger looks like the normal accutrigger but it adjusts to way less pull than the lapua. Several occasions ive had my finger on the trigger looking at the target and it just went off when I was moving some other part of my body. but still pretty accurate even when that happened. lol

LongRange
    Nice rifle...I have a 110BA that was a 300wm and is now a 260...love the BAs.

Kadams1563
    LR, can you get the bolt out without folding the stock?

I called an ordered the folder anyway but wanted to know.

LongRange
    the 10 110BA stocks do not fold as far as i know and ive seen a few of them.

Doctnj, did you camo that rifle yourself, or get it dipped somewhere ? Looks extremely well done ! I would like to see a close up of that job if you get time to post a pic.
    Thanks for sharing.

Team Savage
    http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/...906_100557.jpg

Just happen to have a pic. I did it myself. It was the fourth gun that I did. I wanted to get as much practice in before I did the lapua. Started with an old shot gun then went through a couple ar's then ar 10 then this one. all 4 took 6 weeks. A week of metal prep and taping up after dis assembly. A day of paint. And two weeks of drying time then re assemble. Its the shake and spray aluma hyde from brownells. It is some real tough stuff. Does not ship or scratch off except on flexible material. Before starting you need to have a pile of extra spray tips and clean out tips and follow spray instructions to the letter. The hard part is being patient and waiting two weeks to put it back together.

It is a four color camo. A base color and three additional colors dabbed on with sea sponge.

LongRange
    very nice job!!

Team Savage
    http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/...j/IMG_7225.jpg

This is not a savage, but it will be my next painting adventure. Not going camo just sticking to some classic base colors. The stock will be coyote tan and the barrel will be black. With some black accents from the stock and bypod and of course the scope, it should look good.

LongRange
    this is my latest build...im thinking of doing the barrel and action in burn bronze to match the scope....

Kadams1563
    Quote Originally Posted by LongRange View Post
    the 10 110BA stocks do not fold as far as i know and ive seen a few of them.
    So apparently I was way to tired last night and thought I was posting in a thread about the element. Sorry for attempting to thread jack.

LongRange
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadams1563 View Post
    So apparently I was way to tired last night and thought I was posting in a thread about the element. Sorry for attempting to thread jack.
    it happens lol...the XLRs dont lock folded....i guess the McRees do though.

Team Savage
    I take ambien to go to sleep and sometimes dont go to bed right away. I have been known to post something and not even remember it. Very scary. Especially after reading it the next morning lol. Today was spent putting together shelves (good ones) to hold all the ammo and a bench to start reloading in the not too distant future. It was all brought on by needing another safe and the room to put it in.

Tractor supply is having a sale right now I wish I had the room for it. A Canon 80 gun safe for 999.00 It is massive. 1000 lbs empty. just a public service announcement!

Team Savage
    Before I forget. NICE BUILD can you give a run down on it?

Team Savage
    Does anyone know if a standard 308 mag would probably work in this rifle? I haven't been able to ask that question to Savage yet. Keep getting voice mail.

Basic Member
    Yes, they will feed from a standard 308 magazine. If you want to seat the bullets out there, I would check out the alpha mag type II.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Any idea who makes the 10 BA stock

Team Savage
    Well the creedmoor I have is savage. They were purely limited editions. 16 in all; thats why I was sure they didnt have a pile of mags laying around and needed to know what else to use.

Team Savage
    I will check out the alpha mag. Hopefully it has a little more internal room. The savage mag has a 1mm layer,maybe slightly less that badly limits the over all length. So if I want to use the current mag I have to jump the bullet quite a distance.

Basic Member
    How much did you pay for the CM?