Thread: Choate Ultimate Varmint Stock Question

Swamp Hunter

Choate Ultimate Varmint Stock Question

Hey guys,

I'm a long time reader/lurker but just joined today hoping one of you can help me. I've got a Savage 111 (long action, centerfeed, detachable box mag) that I bought to use as a project gun. I really like the looks and feel of the Choate Ultimate Varmint stock but they do not make this stock for a centerfeed action, only blind mag, staggered feed. Now, I know I can convert my gun to a blind mag but do y'all think I could use an epoxy to set my magazine in the stock so it would work with my current action or should I just scrap this idea all together? Thanks.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Hunter View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm a long time reader/lurker but just joined today hoping one of you can help me. I've got a Savage 111 (long action, centerfeed, detachable box mag) that I bought to use as a project gun. I really like the looks and feel of the Choate Ultimate Varmint stock but they do not make this stock for a centerfeed action, only blind mag, staggered feed. Now, I know I can convert my gun to a blind mag but do y'all think I could use an epoxy to set my magazine in the stock so it would work with my current action or should I just scrap this idea all together? Thanks.
    Your best bet would probably be to sell the current bottom metal and mag along with your stock, buy a new bottom metal & mag from CDI or Accurate-Mag, and get the stock inletted to fit the new bottom metal and mag.
    [I]"In the end, run what 'ya brung because it's better than nothing and don't give two ****s what some interwebs chat board guy says about your rig."[/I]