Thread: Hornady's new releases and new tips

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

Hornady's new releases and new tips

Well there had been a lot of talk on the new releases from Hornady over the past week as they keep it hush hush over the past week after releasing the news of an announcement. Well here it is www.hornady.com/new-products

This doesn't just effect the hunting line of bullets but the match bullets as well. Not just Hornady's tipped bullets were showing issues in flight but any company out there who uses polymer tips will show the same. Now with the new heat resistant tips you get a higher BC and more consistent. As an example The 6.5mm 140 AMAX with a BC of .585 had a tested 800 average at .545. The new 140 ELD bullet has a doppler tested 800 yard average at .610. This is huge.

As for price, the street price per box shouldn't go up more than $1-2 per box. It will still be well below other makers. There is added cost as the new tips do cost more than the old ones but they also give better performance and the cost will still be well below other bullet makers as Hornady has always tried to give the shooter the best value for their money.

The 140 AMAX will be discontinued but will be replaced with the 140 ELD and they will also be loading the 140 ELD in the Creedmoor ammo which is great. These new upgrades are a new for 2016 product line so they should be out in the first part of 2016 is not sooner.

Any questions let me know and I will help with what I can and try to get answers if I don't know. I don't work for Hornady but I do shoot for them.
    Last edited by Rob01; 10-27-2015 at 11:07 AM.