Thread: Stevens 416 XT

Stevens 416 XT--Pictures added

Anyone familiar with a Stevens 416 XT tube-fed target rifle?

I've got several Stevens 416T and Ranger branded versions, but they are all magazine fed.
    Last edited by Mustang; 10-23-2015 at 03:32 PM.

Here are a few pics

Basic Member
    The gun sold at auction on 11/29/2015. For anyone interested in knowing more about this rifle there is an assessment of it in post #13 here - http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums...d.php?t=597023

First one I've ever seen.
    Savage- "never say never".

Basic Member
    The link in post 3 explains why it's the first you have seen, it's a custom built using parts from possibly three or more guns. Here is a copy of the linked information -

"The auction the gun was in was today, 11-29-2015, It brought $300 (or that was the last asking bid, didn't quite hear for sure). I got a good look at it & got to take the stock off, my observations -

- looks re-blued, but a good job, some lettering light & some polish marks that didn't match and some light marked that looked like they were under the blue.
    -barrel not crowned & there were slightly curved cut lines going across like it may have been cut with a round abrasive wheel, definitely not done on a lathe, may just have been poor polish marks from a wheel - the barrel measured 25".
    -receiver had a barrel pin hole but there was no pin & the barrel did not have the hole, the barrel was held on by three slot-head set screws through the bottom front of the receiver.
    - most internal action screws showed screw driver damage
    -bolt had a very noticeable scrap that appeared to have been made by a safety screw that was to long, the screw in it now was short enough and did not rub the bolt.
    -stock was cut out for a 105 peep sight but the receiver was not milled, drilled & tapped for one, it appeared to have been drilled & tapped for the later No 150 peep sight, but those holes were plugged with slot head screws that had been polished down flush to the receiver and blued over - bluing all matched. The sight on the gun now, required two additional holes.
    -The stock had some small deep gouges filled and finished over."

Frankenrifle.
    Savage- "never say never".