Thread: Accustock recoil lug

Basic Member

Accustock recoil lug

Hey guys, so I pieced together a lightweight hunting rig with an accustock and realized the standard factory recoil lug will not fit in the bedding block. After aome research, I found that the accustock recoil lug is trimmed up on the sides in order for it to fit properly in the accustock. I ordered an accustock recoil lug but it doesnt have a pin or even a hole where one would go... I can't, for the life of me, get this thing to index properly. Any suggestions?

Petre
    If distance is the same on the action and the only problem is width, why not simply trim it down?

Basic Member
    I got one from PTG. They have one that is .187, which is really close to the stock thickness. It was easily reshaped with my bench grinder to fit. It also has an indexing hole that I threaded with with a 440 tap and put a screw in.

However, I'm wondering why you're having so much problem indexing the stock one. It is a bit fiddly but I used the NSS action wrench and nut and have very little problem. The NSS wrench has a cut out for the barrel lug that I can hold it centered with a screwdriver or something to space it evenly while I snug it down. It doesn't seem to move on me once I snug it down. I then torque it to 50 ft/lbs and it pretty much stay where I put it.

You can get a recoil lug alignment tool, Midway and Brownells have them.