Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: affordable savage prefit: if not apache then who?

Quote Originally Posted by FW Conch View Post
    Become a paid member here and search the classifieds. You can recover the $15 very quickly.
    Umm....just be aware, that $15 will cost you dearly lol. One barrel turns 2, then the action turns into actions...then ya need stocks......lol.
    Just a heads up
    Scooter
    I'm the Boss. I make sure what she wants gets done.

Quote Originally Posted by scooterf79 View Post
    Umm....just be aware, that $15 will cost you dearly lol. One barrel turns 2, then the action turns into actions...then ya need stocks......lol.
    Just a heads up
    Scooter

Oh that is so true! You don't even have a build finished and a part pops up you just have to have and it snowballs into another build...

Basic Member
    oh, i'll add my 2 cents also even though somebody has probably mentioned them. GunShack, they are a sponsor also and have good prices!

Bruce
    Holy Crap!!

Basic Member
    Take a look at black hole weaponry for a prefit, about $319, less when on sale. BHW are the only barrels I use these days.
    I build strictly coyote/antelope/p-dog Savage rigs and they all print in the sub MOAs w/my hand loads.
    I have ER shaw from midwayusa, & a McGowan barrel Jim at NSS did for me and they are shooters as well.

Basic Member
    Try Black Hole Weaponry I ordered a 22" Bull barrel for my Axis and it was $368 and threaded for a Muzzle break also was Shot peened and Treated in black they also offer cerrakoting their website is WWW.Blackholeweaponary.com

The building addiction is so bad, I'm coming out of retirement going back to work in order to have the money to do the builds I want.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GaCop View Post
    The building addiction is so bad, I'm coming out of retirement going back to work in order to have the money to do the builds I want.

Same here.

Andy k
    Quote Originally Posted by snowgetter1 View Post
    eBay. All kinds of barrels pop up on there. Or you could try this guy. http://bisongunworks.com/index.html

I have never ordered from him but prices look ok.
    Bison gun works did my 20" 450 BM
    for 180 shipped. 10 days from order to my door. Shoots as good as I can!

Advertiser
    Quote Originally Posted by devildogandboy View Post
    oh, i'll add my 2 cents also even though somebody has probably mentioned them. Gun Shack, they are a sponsor also and have good prices!

Bruce
    As a few have already mentioned, Gun Shack has a good selection of ER Shaw Savage barrels that are in stock and ready to ship. Right now we have usually been stocking more varmint contour but I was thinking if there is enough demand I can order more sporter contour. Heck, now that Shaw is producing our orders faster than a few years ago, perhaps I can do another group buy on Shaw pre-fit Savage barrels.

Basic Member
    ^ I think I've just been "Enabled",again. ;-(( ^

My 7mm08 AR10 black hole weaponry barrel is a tack driver. I would have used them for my 7mmMag build, but can't get a 1-8 twist 7mm barrel from them. I went with Apache. Still waiting on barrel.

Basic Member
    I bought a Shaw .308 varmint barrel from Gun Shack and it worked out nicely.

Basic Member
    not sure about cheap cost wise but i just ordered a shilen select match barrel 28" long bull contour 1-8t in 6.5 creedmoor going to replace my cbi 26" in creedmoor 414.06 to my door

I see a lot of discussion about different barrel manufacturers. Is there a reason why the shilen barrels are not more popular?

I would like to go Kraiger or Bartlein but you don't see them as savage prefits

Sharpshooters has brux barrels. Anybody out there tried them?

I don't know if Shilen was ever considered "top of the line" like Krieger and Bartlein are considered now, but that may just be a failure of my own memory. A great many marques have been considered "top" over the years only to see their stars fade, and I'm not totally convinced it's because of differences in quality. I have a Shilen on my long range .243 Winchester, and it has done very well but it's starting to show its age. Would a Brux have been better or a Lija lasted longer? "Maybe", is the best answer I can give. If I were at a different skill level or was in a different discipline, the answer might be more definitive.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by memsu View Post
    My 7mm08 AR10 black hole weaponry barrel is a tack driver. I would have used them for my 7mmMag build, but can't get a 1-8 twist 7mm barrel from them. I went with Apache. Still waiting on barrel.
    I'm waiting on a 7mm Rem Mag too. When did you order your's?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12