Thread: SSS Competion trigger

Basic Member

SSS Competion trigger

Looking at gettin meone of these for a pre accu .243. Are they pretty easy to install and adjust for a new guy with mechanical apptitude?
    Model 12 btv .204 nikon monarch 4-16x50<br />Model 110La 243ai 26"brux 1:8 twist sss comp trigger leupold vx3 4.5-14x40 tack driver!!

Basic Member

Re: SSS Competion trigger

They are so easy that I think if a guy can&#39;t change it out himself then he has no business shooting the gun - IMHO

That said, there are a few parts that can and probably will move out of place while changing but no problem at all to do.

Basic Member

Follow the directions and you will have ZERO issues.

It is the best Savage trigger out their that can be installed by the end user. Adjustments are easy and stay put. I have had no prolems out of mine in the 3 years it has been installed.

Dolomite

Basic Member

Is this somethin i should purchase a pull gauge for? I mean i know i should anyway but economic times have me tight. Its goin in a huntin rig that i wil use for both prairie dogs coyote fox and ol drop tine
    Model 12 btv .204 nikon monarch 4-16x50<br />Model 110La 243ai 26"brux 1:8 twist sss comp trigger leupold vx3 4.5-14x40 tack driver!!

Team Savage

Before you take the old trigger apart......read Fred"s directions at least twice and take a long look at your old trigger. I made a slave pin and that really helps. There was one part I kept trying to put in upside down. After successful completion, you look back and say "boy that was simple". There is one hole that does not line up, it is designed that way. Do a search, Fred has replied to several questions regarding his trigger.

Basic Member

Whenever there is a chance something I am doing for the first time might require my memory - I take a digital picture first.

Also, there is no reason you need the gauge - especially if money is tight.

You set it where YOU like it - simple as that. Who cares what the poundage is?

Just buy it. It is easy to put on, but if you have any questions with it we are here to help....
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Team Savage

easy to install&the best bang for the buck

Basic Member

Thanks guys im sure the other half is gonna love the packages coming!!!!! But at least it isnt another pair of shoes to trip over HA!!!