Thread: Williams sight for Savage 99

dtk1952

Williams sight for Savage 99

I just got finished installing a Williams FP-99S sight on my 1970 Savage 99E. It has a lever safety and Williams says this sight is for the model with a tang safety. When I spoke to a Williams rep they told me that this sight was made for the model with tang safety only. While trying to get clarification, the rep got unruly and accused me of arguing with him. If I had had another option I would not have bought a Williams sight. But, any way, this sight worked right out of the package. For any interested on acquiring a receiver sight for their 99 with lever safety the mount holes are 0.500 inches apart, CtC. From what I was told my 99 was not factory drilled, of that I don't know. I have had 3 99's, still have 2 of them, and all of them were drilled and tapped for scope mounts and these holes are 0.500 inch apart, CtC. Don't waste your time talking to Williams, a rep at Midway gave me the information that I needed. I had already bought from Brownells before I got the response from Midway as I figured it probably would work. By the way, if you want to see the cocking indicator, it will be hidden under the sight mount.

A 1970 99E would have been factory D&T'd, the E's weren't even drilled for a tang sight, you had someone that didn't know what they were talking about on the other end of the phone.
    Savage- "never say never".