I finally got some range time this past Saturday, and managed to get my Axis (308) dialed in with the packaged scope. It's not a great scope, but it's repeatable, and I like all my equipment in atleast operational shape.

Anyways, it's a 4-12 scope, which I plan on replacing near the end of this year. I noticed at 100, I could see shots on plain white paper, and at 200, I could make out my shots on a shoot-n-see target, but both were a touch difficult. I didn't have a spotting scope, that's going to be rectified soon.

I've been looking at upgrading the scope this winter, I just needed to make sure the gun was repeatable before I thought about it. I want to get the Bushnell Elite Tactical 6-24. The question is, is 24 enough? I may shoot 500-800 a total of 3 times (there is a long range class I want to take to learn better marksman ship and techniques). Mostly, 300 will be my max. I don't even know where to go for a 300 range, but 200 is easy to find.

The second option would be to drop back to the Bushnell Elite 6500, which comes in 4.5-30, and save a few bucks. The Elite Tactical is better glass though, and comes with the reticle I want.