Thread: Berger 195gr 7mm

Berger 195gr 7mm

Berger's 195gr 7mm EOL's Has anyone shot them yet, 0.850 BC that is insane. way too heavy for me but I can still appreciate the work that must have went in to them. A RUM case does not hold enough powder to get them going the speeds I have grown accustom to, a 375 Cheytac necked down has that job written all over it.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Basic Member
    "The speeds I have grown accustomed to" ! That "is" a hoot ! LOL :-)) :-))

lrshooting
    Psshh. You dont need a .375 cheytac parent case for anything but speed. Or at least I hope not. I already ordered my krieger with a 1:8 twist with the 195 in mind. It better work. Im shovin' it down a 7mm saum and hope it will hit 2000 yards without too much trouble.

What will the terminal speed and bullet drop be at 2000 yards.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scope eye View Post
    What will the terminal speed and bullet drop be at 2000 yards.

Dean
    As for the drop, weve been using 162 hornadys in the 7x300 weatherby and the 7 mm ultra mags for hunting.
    When Berger brought out the 180 gr 7mm, everybody was pissing their pants over them also. I even had a guy
    from N. D. send me some to try because he was so convinced they were better than what i was using. Well at 1200 yds
    the 162 needs less elevation than the 180. Certainly the 180 would have a tad more energy at that distance, but not enough
    to change my opinion on 7mms at those type distances compared to larger cartridges. It will be interesting to look back in say
    10 years and see if the actual results match all the hype weve been hearing.

lrshooting
    Quote Originally Posted by yobuck View Post
    As for the drop, weve been using 162 hornadys in the 7x300 weatherby and the 7 mm ultra mags for hunting.
    When Berger brought out the 180 gr 7mm, everybody was pissing their pants over them also. I even had a guy
    from N. D. send me some to try because he was so convinced they were better than what i was using. Well at 1200 yds
    the 162 needs less elevation than the 180. Certainly the 180 would have a tad more energy at that distance, but not enough
    to change my opinion on 7mms at those type distances compared to larger cartridges. It will be interesting to look back in say
    10 years and see if the actual results match all the hype weve been hearing.
    What is the transition point at which a 162 needs more elevation then a 180?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lrshooting View Post
    What is the transition point at which a 162 needs more elevation then a 180?
    I cant give you that exactly. It would require shooting at a target and comparing, which we didnt do.
    We shoot at rocks and other targets on mountainsides. The ones that land higher win, at least for elevation.
    The difference at 1200 (appeared) to be about a foot and the accuracy wasent as good either at least in our guns.
    If i were a diehard Berger fan id be using the 168, or a 168 JLK in my gun over the 180 for hunting.