Thread: Ballistic drop chart

Alohaalex

Ballistic drop chart

Guys does anybody has the ballistic drop chart for sellier and Bellot 338 lapua mag Match, 250 grams, I checked their website and I could not find it, then I was able to find it in another website but it was incomplete and in meters.
    thanks for your help!

Welcome to my home.....FYI..... That locked door you kicked down was for your protection.... not mine!!

Basic Member
    First you have to know exactly which bullet it uses and then check your muzzle velocity. After that it is easy. What they (manufacturer) claim for muzzle velocity is seldom what we end up with in our own guns.
    "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32 (New King James Version)

Alohaalex
    Guys I'm not looking for a ballistic calculator, I'm looking for the drop chart for the bullets I use. Please read above.
    thanks

Basic Member
    Your have to have all the variables for that bullet out of your rifle. No two are the same.

Alohaalex
    Let me ask you a question and remember I'm new on this, I use s&b 338 lapua mag bullets and I finally found the drop chart for this specific bullet from 100 meters to 1000 meters. If I know how many inches the bullet will drop at any given distance (between 100 to 1000 meters) will I be able to ajust my elevation in my scope in base of this? For example at 700 meters this bullet will drop 104", base of this number I should be able to correct my moa right?

Basic Member
    That's the idea, but there's more to it than that. That "drop chart" is only accurate for a rifle that pushes that bullet at the particular speed stated. It should get you pretty close, but a lot of other items also effect your adjustments

Alohaalex,ck your pm

Twinsen
    Wind will add some drop, as you're not shooting in a straight line with wind. Best to make a chart with columns for different wind speeds or bring a calculator.

You need a chronograph or to calculate your muzzle velocity based on known exact drop measurements. All rifles spit the bullets out at different speeds as already stated.