Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how many of you have this problem???

LongRange

how many of you have this problem???

you go to the local sporting goods to buy ONE thing and walk out with more?

after doing a little research ive decided to start with the 140g berger hybrids instead of the 140g VLDs(which ive never had much luck with)when I start load development in the new bartlein barrel....I just wanted a 100 to make sure their going to shoot.

I call scheels to see if they have a box in stock...they had 1 box so I have them hold it...I live 30mins from scheels and the whole time I'm telling myself that all I need are the bullets(knowingly lying to myself)!! naturally I go check the powder list...8lb jugs of H4350...I have 20lbs and ALMOST bought a jug...8lb jugs of H4831sc I only have 12lbs...better get a jug LOL...CCI BR-2s...I only have 1700 better get a 1000 LOL!!

so instead of $50 bucks I walk out with $328 dollars of stuff I REALLY DID'NT need...maybe I should send the wife from now on!!

I also looked through a night force ATACR F-1 and am now not sure if I'm going to go with the vortex gen2 or the F-1...ive been shooting the SFP ATACR for about 4-5yrs now and am use to the turrets and reticle...im going to have to see if someone local has the gen2 I can look through before I decide...the F-1 is REAL nice and I really like the changes they made....

Whew! When I saw this title the first thought that ran through my head was "Please don't let him be asking about E.D. on my forum." LOL
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Right where I Always Need To Be. Usually...
    If you should experience a buying spree that last 4 hours or more, seek medical help immediately....

Oh and, long range - I'm just not seeing a problem there.
    The 'lil woman might, but I don't.
    'Scuse me while I whip this out...!

LongRange
    The ED will be soon.

I have a similar problem, but mine is that I tend to buy stuff I haven't any need for, which causes me to think I have a need for even more stuff. Case in point: BHW recently had a sale on in-stock AR-10 barrels. I looked for a 243 barrel with specs to match my bolt gun. That was the only reason I was considering a barrel. I have a 308 AR that I don't shoot very often, so matching chamberings might make it more convenient. Anyway, I ended up with a 6.5 Creedmoor barrel, but I got it and thought, "Well, might as well put together another upper." So I did.

Twinsen
    You can't waste money on components. It just ain't possible.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinsen View Post
    You can't waste money on components. It just ain't possible.
    You should try to convince my wife of that.

I have tried numerous times to convince her I really do need 22,385 rounds of 7n6 for my AK74's and 18,200 rounds of 7.62x39 for the other AK variants, 62lbs of asst. powders, more brass that I care to count, primers & bullets up the ying yang, on & on...

She just don't get it...

I have a worse problem. I find that I often go to gun shops even though I don't need anything (usually just to see if there's anything I can't live without on the used gun rack) and end up walking out with a whole slew of stuff - anything/everything imaginable except a "new to me" used gun.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Baker View Post
    I have a worse problem. I find that I often go to gun shops even though I don't need anything (usually just to see if there's anything I can't live without on the used gun rack) and end up walking out with a whole slew of stuff - anything/everything imaginable except a "new to me" used gun.
    I did something similar yesterday. Out of boredom I went over to the local Bass Pro. I ONLY needed some Sierra 150gr match & game king bullets. 2 boxes of each would have done it.
    A few hundred bucks later, I have the Sierra bullets (6 boxes) I wanted and 4lbs of 7828 and a new Desantis holster and some more Hornady brass and bullet boxes and cleaning patches (4 bags) and a new knife and a new RCBS die set (30-06) and a couple Magpul AK47 grips and a new sling. I grabbed a new magazine on the way out, too.

Basic Member
    I did the same thing last week. At bass pro. I went to get one thing and walked out in trouble with the better half. But I can say it all was on sale.

LongRange
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Baker View Post
    Maybe we can get a "CCB" (compulsive component buyer)section and you can contact doctor Phil to be a mod in that section to help with our problem.

Basic Member
    You and your ilk are why I can't find components. But I completely understand the problem...

LongRange
    Quote Originally Posted by YDKDY View Post
    You and your ilk are why I can't find components. But I completely understand the problem...

If you cant find components your looking in the wrong places
    cabelas stocked
    Scheels stocked
    Sportsman warehouse stocked

Also look here www.gunbot.net click on reloading.

D.ID
    Guilty!

Basic Member
    This is why I don't go to gun stores that often. I will find a use for a powder I just purchased. It might take a while, but I will find a use for it.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Basic Member
    I'm usually able to control myself, but only because I don't have any money. If I had a steady flow of play funds, I'd be in the same boat.

Basic Member
    The worse time I've ever gone to a gun store and walked out with something I didn't need was when i got a deal on a Vortex PST 6-24 in FFP. Now I have a scope and no rifle to install it on...yet.
    They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

I'm Guilty as well. I need to keep an inventory on my personal shooting items. I definitely have more than I need and 3 of the same items. 6mm bullets, I definitely have a few thousand I am going to sell.

A couple of months ago, I sold off a lot of my extra's, but I have plenty more to sell. Just took a breather.

Dennis
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by psharon97 View Post
    The worse time I've ever gone to a gun store and walked out with something I didn't need was when i got a deal on a Vortex PST 6-24 in FFP. Now I have a scope and no rifle to install it on...yet.
    Looks like it's time to go shopping for a rifle

how many of you have this problem???

I do the same. Right now I have one rifle, two kinds of Lubricant, two kinds of cleaner, three different bore jags, two brass and one nylon brush,about 1000 patches, a bore snake, two sets of eyes and ears, a bag of ear plugs,laser bore guide( kinda a waste of money), and two range bags. I may have a problem

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ77 View Post
    Looks like it's time to go shopping for a rifle
    The action is on its way back from SSS. Had it Timed and Trued and had the bolt fluted lol.

Been there done that and got all the tee' shirts

what they say about looking and sinning, after my divorce, I was nearly bankrupt, and for nearly 2 years I did not look at anything I did not need (other than the classified here ;-))
    I just did not venture out to any aisle than what I went in for say to cabelas. it was hard but I did it.
    Last edited by Stockrex; 10-01-2015 at 06:28 PM.
    newbie from gr, mi.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockrex View Post
    what they about looking and sinning, after my divorce, I was nearly bankrupt, and for nearly 2 years I did not look at anything I did not need (other than the classified here ;-))
    I just did not venture out to any aisle than what I went in for say to cabelas. it was hard but I did it.
    Your stronger than me!
    [B][SIZE=3]Dennis[/SIZE][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by psharon97 View Post
    This is why I don't go to gun stores that often. I will find a use for a powder I just purchased. It might take a while, but I will find a use for it.
    If you have to build a new gun to do it!
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    "...shall not be infringed" What's the confusion?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast