Thread: 93R17 GV Complete Bolt Assembly

93R17 GV Complete Bolt Assembly

I am looking for information on where I can purchase a complete bolt assembly. Savage website list the item as "gunsmith only" and Numrich is out of stock. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Problem: Gun will not fire some rounds, the rounds show light striking. I have tested Winchester, Hornady, and Federal ammunition with the same results. I am looking to order whole new bolt assembly to alleviate the problem.

Savage will sell you "gunsmith only" parts providing you fill out and fax a signed release waiver. Call customer service and talk to them, they may just have you send them the rifle on their dime and fix it for you.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Thank you for the info.

Basic Member
    I used a new firing pin form Numrich and cleaned/polished it up. Fixed light strikes on one of my Savage without changing headspace. My bolt fit well so it stayed with the barrel and receiver.

If you replace the bolt you will have to have a gunsmith check and likely reset the headspace. As such I would highly suggest contacting Savage to see about sending it back in to be checked over. Savage's C/S is really good and if it's a parts defect they'll likely do the repair/replacement for free even if it's out of the warranty period.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain