Hello everyone. I am a new member, and a fairly new gun owner. I just purchased the Savage Axis II XP in .308. I went ahead and ordered the Boyds Stock upgrade. I got a classic design in Coyote Finish. I am not experienced with rifles and guns, especially how to fit a stock. Here is my Dilemma's im hoping you all can help me with.

1. Aftermarket DBM's that will fit.
* I ordered one from boyds directly after giving them my SN. The parts I got were to long and wide to fit into the Boyd's Stock. I called them up again and the person put me hold and came back to tell me after speaking with their in-house gun-smith...they dont make a DBM that fits into the boyds stock for the short action Axis II XP.

- Does anyone know if they might be confused or if they are telling me the truth...
- Also, I found a company CDI Precision GUN Works that advertises they do sell a DBM that will fit and offer to inlet it for me. "Im thinking I will go this route"

2. The front action screw/bolt is slightly too short.
* The Boyds stock came with a small plastic insert that fits into the bottom-front of the magazine inlet allowing for the original magazine to "clip" into the stock "free floating"... The front action bolt fits through the inside of this plastic insert "kinda like a plastic pillar bedding" and mounts to the action. However I am finding the original front action bolt is too short. I purchased the longer replacement screws from Boyds for the 10/110 but they are too long.

- Is this a sign that the actions is not seating correctly or does anyone have experience with needing to find a longer front action bolt?

If anyone has worked on one of these and has any insight I would sure appreciate it.

Thanks
Cody L.