Thread: Scratches on the back of the receiver

Alohaalex

Scratches on the back of the receiver

Hello everyone I just got a savage 110ba, i bought it from a guy that had it for a while but he never fired the rifle because he didn't have a scope. It is in great condition but the only thing I noticed is that when the bolt goes all the way back touches part of the back portion of the receiver and I can see a very minor wear in this area. I'm not familiar with the rifle and I would like to know if this is common or something I should adjust. I have a good pic of this area but I don't know how to attach it in here, I don't have URL.
    thanks

You have to upload the file to an online photo storage site Like Photobucket or one of several other sites. Then you can copy and past the url where the photo is stored. Once you learn how it is easy.

"How do I add an image to a post?

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.
    To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing [img] before the URL and [/img] after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert photos from your albums (?) in this way too."
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Alohaalex
    Too bad I can't upload a pic directly, sorry but I don't use any of this programs.....I can email the picture if you would like to see it.

Basic Member
    Get the Tapatalk app. Posting pictures is super easy with it.
    INFERNO

Click on this link and fill out the form. Then log in. Now click on upload. Find where your picture is located on your computer. Desktop or pictures or whatever folder you have your pictures located in. Click on all of the images you want to show. Then copy them from the sight and paste them in your post. Once you do this you will not have the fear of using this process. Or not. But anyone who loads your photos for you will have to do this. Sort of like internet welfare.

https://secure.photobucket.com/register

URL is an acronym for Uniform Resource Locator. It is the address that can be followed for the browser to open a link like a photo or web site.
    Last edited by Robinhood; 09-20-2015 at 09:20 AM.

Alohaalex
    Let me know if your are able to see the pic.
    thanks!
    Last edited by Alohaalex; 09-20-2015 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Wrong link

Alohaalex

Alohaalex
    So every time I pull the bolt, the back of the bolt touches this area, it looked worth when I got it, I finished using some liquid gun blue. Which cover the damaged area well but as soon as you play with the bolt the friction (it is a very light friction) exposes the damaged area again.
    Let me know what you think and thank for your help!

Good Job!
    Hey. Those scratches are normal. The rear bolt baffle slides there and when you open your bolt there is a little resistance when the primary action ramps mate.. The baffle doesn't really put any significant down force there but I don't believe it to be a problem. The portion I can see it looks to be a very clean rifle otherwise.

Alohaalex
    Well I feel much better know, thanks for taking the time to look at the picture and for providing your point of view, it is very much appreciated!