Thread: Wyoming Prairie Dog Hunt Video.....

Wyoming Prairie Dog Hunt Video.....

Hey guys,
    Finally took time to throw some clips together of my prairie dog hunt back in July...in HD of course for your viewing pleasure
    https://youtu.be/sXpEwdvqB1o

Please excuse my excitedness....I was pretty stoked when they started flying around
    Scooter

That's it Im going back next summer! Watching the video reminded me of how much fun it is. Its spectacular what a 22-250 and 50 grain vmax can do to a prairie dog!

Video was nicely done.

Basic Member
    Great shooting! Nice video, where abouts in WY were you?

Nice Job

I take back all those times I thought you were a total Hack

naeD
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Mossy,
    I highly recommend going back 😉. Its a blast...Im planning on going back next year for 2 or 3 days of hunting. I thought bullet performance on both rifles was really good. I dont even have the 22-250 loaded that hot either. (Right around 3600) Thank you for the kind words.

Mattri,
    thanks for the kind words also. I was near Torrington. It was public land and we could shoot all we wanted to, I couldnt imagine a private land hunt....lol

neaD,
    I guess I should say thanks to you also as much as it pains me 😉. Your kinda words really make me feel good lol.
    Thanks again guys!
    Scooter
    Planning a 6br and 22br for next years trip. Already have the barrels and actions so hopefully those will work out. I must admit, it will he difficult leaving beind the 17 hornet....😢
    I'm the Boss. I make sure what she wants gets done.

Basic Member
    I dont remember you saying and i wont ask how far most of the shots were. Fact is you did a very good job on hitting them.
    Watching the video, it didnt appear you were dialing each shot which meant to me you had dialed for an average distance
    and were then just holding? Nothing wrong with that approach in my opinion. The further out you go however the more time it takes
    as more precise dialing is required for each shot. So you will be required to decide on higher numbers or less but more satisfactory kills.
    Im good to about 600 yds with my 22x250 ai with 69 gr bullets. That and the 223 with 50/55 gr bullets is really all the guns i need for dogs.
    I do take a 6x284 along also but bring most of the bullets back with me. The close misses can be even more entertaining to me as i enjoy seeing
    that wtf look on their faces as they dive for cover.

Basic Member
    Nice! With all that grass I figured you were on the eastern side of the state. Did a trip about a month ago to the southwest corner, nowhere near as many dogs but still an awesome time. Well done again.

Yobuck, ask away I dont mind a bit. I didnt say how far they were. The shots on video ranged from 100yds to about 350ish. Our farthest kills were a tad over 400. On the hornet I had it zeroed at 100 and would just holdover. On my 22-250 the scope I have on it has a finger adjustable turret, so I would dial it for the farther shots. I would leave it zeroed at 200 or so then holdover some. When we were ranging the farther shots I would adjust the turret accordingly.
    There were some slower parts I cut out of the video, it would be us tryin to make sure we were on the same dog or this or that.....
    The video just has a small sampling of what we actually killed/shot at. We would get pretty amped up and put the camera down and start shooting lol.
    Next time I go Id like to try to connect on some longer shots....so that will be my goal part of the hunt.

Mattri,
    Torrington is just north of Cheyenne, I would consider it the eastern part of the state. I may venture a little farther west next time but it was my first trip and I wasn't sure how much time I was gonna have(ladies liked to have dinner in the evenings). I had a great time and cant wait to go back.
    Thanks again guys!
    Scooter

Man oh man I need to find someone to get in touch with out there to plan a P-Dog hunt. Holy crap that looks fun. Great shooting!

Thanks Upslide,
    Its so much fun, Ive never seen anything like it. Planning to go back next July and hopefully stretch it out a little more. I hunted public land it was easy to drive to and find. No guides or anything like that. I really enjoyed it but if you prefer to go with a guide service there's plenty of them out there.
    Scooter

Basic Member
    Look me up next year , I'm always good for a day of dog shooting. I stopped by that state land the end of May and the mosquitoes (lots of rain) were so bad I never even got a shot off , went on a private ranch instead. A friend went up in June and had some good shooting, that also shot 4 rattlers .

Basic Member
    I was there in June and in July I got my Target action to start the build for 2016. Lots of fun.

Wyo...I tried this year and you were being unsocial....lol
    Im game, we will get together next year and smoke some prairie dogs, or have fun trying.
    Scooter

Great video!

COpredatorhunter
    very cool Wyoming still has some good shooting for PDogs