Thread: Xlr chassis

nelly

Xlr chassis

Anyone using an XLR Element chassis? I'm ordering one for my Hog Hunter .308 with 20in barrel and Michulek Brake. If anyone has any info to guide me along, I'd appreciate it. I've looked at almost every chassis available and the XLR seems to offer everything I need at a very reasonable cost.
    Last edited by nelly; 09-12-2015 at 07:09 PM. Reason: typo

Kadams1563
    I too am going to order the same chassis with a HH most likely. I'm going to go with a large JP brake though.

Basic Member
    Been running mine for quite some time now. It's a great set-up. What do you want to know about it?

Kadams1563
    I have no idea about running a chassis like the element. Does it need to be bedded at all? How thick of a barrel can you fit when I go to rebarrel? What stock did you get and how stable is it? The stocks look like they wouldn't be rock solid. Do you have a bipod attached and how did you attach it? Picatanny rail or a swivel stud?

Can we get a pic?

I know lots of questions and thanks for the help.

Basic Member

It's very stable, no bedding needed, I use a rail for bipod attachment it comes with a stud you can remove and add the rail though, get the tactical stock not the tact lite.

And feel free to call they a great people with outstanding customer service.

Kadams1563
    Yea that's the stock I was going to get. I like it the most.

nelly
    Lone Wolf, Any difficulty with the install or is it just a drop in and torque down ?

Basic Member
    I'm running a Mausingfield action in the Rem700 short action version, couple others are running them on their Savages all have been drop in fit.

nelly
    Thanks for the info, drop in is all I want,outstanding!

Bolts
    Just received my XLR Evolution chassis today. Looks good so far and will be putting it on a savage 3 action screw precision target action. Does anyone know what the action screw torque specs are. XLR's generic torque spec was 65 inch pounds. I had called a Savage tech one time with a question and told them I had a model 11 Hog Hunter in a B&C stock torqued to 65 inch pounds which was reccomended by B&C and I thought he was going to have a heart attack. He said no more than 30 inch pounds. Hopefully one of you folks out there has done this before with an XLR chassis and can put me on the right track. This is my first ever build and don't want to mess up. Thank Guys!!!

Basic Member
    I always do 45-60in lbs.

Bolts
    "Thanks Lonewolf" that 45 to 60 seems reasonable to me. I'll probably start at 45 and shoot and tighten as I go along watching the group sizes leaving the rear action screw a little looser than the front 2. it's a new barrel and it might shoot a bit irradic until it's broken in.