Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Choosing the Right DBM Stock Bottom Metal Parts Tutorial

You're welcome. I was still on the search for .308, just for the barrel. Thought about saving some money and putting a factory fluted varmint barrel on, but found out savage only sells those to gunsmiths. Looks like I'll still be saving for a Shilen or McGowan after all. Probably be happier in the long run.

The last time I talked to Effie at Savage Customer Service, she told me that they wont sell barrels to anyone, even gunsmiths. I'm also on the hunt for a factory fluted stainless barrel in 30 cal. My 116 FLSAK 300 WM came with one in light varmint, and I'd like to have another for the WSM. I'd thought about going with an aftermarket barrel in the WSM but it currently shoots .24moa at 400. I'm afraid to even run a patch down it lol.
    Originally Posted by keeki
    Guess it doesn't really matter. If ya cant afford $15, you won't be buying much anyways

Yeah.....I wouldn't touch it! Lol

I've been looking for this thread for days. Unfortunately the images are all messed up. Can anyone fix it? Is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by russell072009 View Post
    I've been looking for this thread for days. Unfortunately the images are all messed up. Can anyone fix it? Is it just me?
    I'm running a Mac. Not sure if it matters but this is what I just did.

1. Click on the photo you want to view (It opened in Photobucket but wasn't showing the entire photo)
    2. Select the arrow to move one photo to the right
    3. Select the arrow to move back (left) to the original photo. This opened up the entire photo.

Photobucket is now blurring images hosted via their service but shared on other sites. I'm assuming they're only doing this to those who are using their free account and not paid accounts, but that's just a guess. Basically they're just trying to find a new way to make people buy their service since their last attempt to do so almost put them out of business.

Fortunately for you all I promoted the original post to an article on the homepage and copied/saved the images on our server so they're still clearly visible there. You're welcome! :)

https://www.savageshooters.com/conte...Parts-Tutorial
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12