Thread: No Paypal for firearms...

Exclamation No Paypal for firearms...

For your reading enjoyment, their policy towards firearms as of 9/8/2015

The PayPal User Agreement states that PayPal reserves the right to limit an account for any violation of the PayPal User Agreement, including the Acceptable Use Policy.
    Under the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy, PayPal may not be used to send or receive payments for firearms or weapons, which include but are not limited
    to:
    Firearms – Includes all rifles, shotguns, and handguns, whether they are intended for use in sporting, as collectibles, or as curio and relic firearms. These items are prohibited regardless of their present working order.

Firearm parts – Includes, but is not limited to, receivers and frames, silencers, kits designed to convert a firearm to automatic firing capability, a magazine that can hold more than 10 rounds, multi-burst trigger activators and camouflaging firearm containers.

Ammunition – Includes ammunition with propellant, such as gunpowder or blank ammunition. Ammunition is defined as ammunition or cartridge cases, primers, bullets, or propellant powder designed for any firearm.

PayPal allows transactions for paintball guns, blank guns, and air-soft guns as permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction. These items must display all markings required by law, must not be convertible to shoot a lethal projectile, and must not include blank ammunition.
    "An armed society is a polite society"
    "...shall not be infringed" What's the confusion?

Basic Member
    When they started this agenda a few years ago, I wasn't happy. I use PayPal extensively for my purchases (not just shooting/hunting, but for work related materials). I know quite a few have a boycott of sorts of PayPal, but I must use it. So I got one of their PayPal debit cards which uses MasterCard as a carrier. So now ALL firearm purchases, ALL ammunition, and ALL related purchases are ran through my PayPal account. Take that corporate jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDog View Post
    So now ALL firearm purchases, ALL ammunition, and ALL related purchases are ran through my PayPal account. Take that corporate jerks.
    Now that is funny.
    [QUOTE=fgw_in_fla;256183]We told you so...[/QUOTE]

Twinsen
    Food for thought:

-This isn't new
    -There are firearm business that solely use PayPal
    -PayPal keeps 3% of all transactions made through them

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDog View Post
    When they started this agenda a few years ago, I wasn't happy. I use PayPal extensively for my purchases (not just shooting/hunting, but for work related materials). I know quite a few have a boycott of sorts of PayPal, but I must use it. So I got one of their PayPal debit cards which uses MasterCard as a carrier. So now ALL firearm purchases, ALL ammunition, and ALL related purchases are ran through my PayPal account. Take that corporate jerks.
    I'm sure they appreciate your money.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinsen View Post
    I'm sure they appreciate your money.
    I believe the 3% is merchant rate (the seller). I would indeed face a charge of I withdrew into cash. I suppose I could get a high interest rate credit card and run up a huge bill and pay compounding interest and brag I'm boycotting PayPal? No thanks.

That's why in all my transactions in the note section I put "Constantine Wire"

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Basic Member
    I hate their policy and their anti-gun mentality that goes along with it, but I sure like their Friends and Family gift thingy. It's free. They get nothing out of it. I try to use and abuse them as much as possible in that capacity only.

Unfortunately, when I buy/sell on Ebay (which is frequent), I am forced to pay to play.

Oh, well.

Just a heads up do not do to many gifts you will end up getting a nasty gram, it is not they amount of money you send that raises a red flag it is how often you use the "Gift" option. There is a ratio or percentage that sets it off I do not know what that number is, so what I do is pay the fee on all the small transactions and keep my "gifts" for the large ones.

Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

rfd12fv
    imho, f' 'em (paypal, that is). most if not all firearms manufacturers and/or vendors won't take paypal anyway. for all private transactions, you know what to do and that's none of their (paypal) business.

Twinsen
    Quote Originally Posted by scope eye View Post
    Just a heads up do not do to many gifts you will end up getting a nasty gram, it is not they amount of money you send that raises a red flag it is how often you use the "Gift" option. There is a ratio or percentage that sets it off I do not know what that number is, so what I do is pay the fee on all the small transactions and keep my "gifts" for the large ones.

Dean

Giving a gift means they charge you 3%. Paying for goods and services means the seller gets 97% of the payment. They get 3% either way.

rfd12fv
    there is no send/receive fee for a paypal "gift" transaction.

Basic Member
    ^^^right.

If done just to avoid fees, and not to simply allow true friends and family to exchange cash, then you're cheating the system. I will be doing what Dean said from now on.

Apparently you guys don't realize that every time you use a credit/debit card, be it online or at a brick & mortar store, they're charging the business a 2.5-3.5% processing fee. After all, something has to pay for those swipe machines and the infrastructure behind the service.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

rfd12fv
    this guy knew that - of course there's always a cc fee, you don't get something for nothing.

however, there is no fee for electronically transferred paypal "gift" dollar$.

Basic Member
    By sending money thru "friends and family" you forfeit any protection you'd otherwise have as a buyer.

There is no fee if you use your bank account for the transaction. That's for both sender and recipient.
    INFERNO

Basic Member
    Right.