Page 7 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabela's Savage 12FV THREAD FEST

I hope it's not the end of them. Cabelas does have the lowest price of anyone else I've seen selling the 12FV by about $200, even at the regular price. The margin is so significant I could imagine other retailers buying the guns from Cabelas to resell.

One of my Savages from Cabelas had a "Cabelas Exclusive" sticker on the stock. I can't remember if it was the 12FV or something else.

Basic Member
    Begs the question why get rid of them...although the thought crossed my mind that they may be done with them. Odd that the website doesnt show sale price. My 12fv's have that sticker as well

Basic Member
    Has anyone received the current rebate? I looked on Savages site and the FV is not listed, I also spoke with a gentleman at Cabelas and he didn't think it would as the rifle is a Cabelas exclusive deal with Savage. Cabelas site doesn't say it qualifies for the rebate but it does lead one to believe it does.

On a different note if I can't find a 22-250 or 308 how expensive are bolt heads? I'm looking to build a 260.

Basic Member
    Ad on Savage's webpage says "buy any model 12...". "Any" means just that.... any!

I got a $100 rebate on a 12FV last year, same ad, same rebate.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by justinp61 View Post
    Has anyone received the current rebate? I looked on Savages site and the FV is not listed, I also spoke with a gentleman at Cabelas and he didn't think it would as the rifle is a Cabelas exclusive deal with Savage. Cabelas site doesn't say it qualifies for the rebate but it does lead one to believe it does.

On a different note if I can't find a 22-250 or 308 how expensive are bolt heads? I'm looking to build a 260.

http://www.gunshack.com/savage-parts/savage-bolt-head

Okay, so they are a Cabelas Exclusive. All three of mine are thus marked, plus it says so in the local flyer and what the salesguy told Justin. I wonder if I'm not too far off with the whole retail/resale thing.

I will also say that even if they don't qualify for the rebate--and I have every confidence that they do--$350 is still an excellent deal. A heavy barrel 12 for $20 more than Cabelas sells an Axis for? Shoot, unless you need a long action or detachable magazine, there's no smarter money.
    Last edited by DrThunder88; 06-07-2016 at 01:29 PM.

Basic Member
    You have 3?? I was looking for a reason to justify getting my 3rd...thanks!!

Basic Member

Cabelas is still looking .....

for a few good men.

My buddy got the call from Cabelas that his NICS had cleared, 3 days after it started. Since he had refused to bend to their forced layaway policy, he asked if it was still there.
    "yeah, it's here. Been on hold for you" ??????????
    We get there a few hours later....
    "sorry, we sold it. Been out of them for 2 days" ??????????
    Now he raises hell with them.....
    "oh, here's one on display. I can give you that one"
    whatever. Guy changes the serial number on 4473 & we inspect the new rifle
    Then another guy comes over carrying a rifle in the box.....THE ORIGINAL SERIAL NUMBER !!!!!!
    Mr. Idiot changes the serial umber back...again.
    We pay for it and leave ASAP.

AS far as them being discontinued? This one has the new style Savage logo on the box, if that means anything.
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Hello to all you nice folks at NSA :)[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by alltherage View Post
    You have 3?? I was looking for a reason to justify getting my 3rd...thanks!!
    Well, one of them is a .22-250, which I don't shoot. Whether that's subject to change or it will be the host for a build is yet to be seen.

Basic Member
    The only one I've found is a .204, I'd prefer a 22-250 or 308 for a couple reasons. It would already have the bolt head I need and the barrel would be easier to sell IMO. At 350 I'll probably go ahead and buy it and just change the bolt head.

Basic Member
    The only one the local store has left is a .204 as well. Does anyone shoot these things?

Basic Member
    I have a 12 vlp in 204 and it rocks. My dad really wants to commandeer it

When I got both 12 FV's (223 & 204) I got a "rebate slip" that is similar to the actual receipt but it plainly states "rebate slip". Has anyone submitted this with the rebate forms and been successful in getting the rebate?? I know how these rebate things work, if you don't do it right the 1st time, you don't get a 2nd chance. Don't want to miss out on $200, that can go a long way on a scope for a rifle.

Basic Member
    I would submit them separately, and make a photo copy of sales receipt too. When I sought the $100 dollar rebate on my 12FV a year ago, there was special address to mail it to that was different than the address on the rebate application. I applied for the rebate online first. That was important as some interpret the ad as not applying to the 12FV, but the ad clearly says ANY model 12.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas10 View Post
    I would submit them separately, and make a photo copy of sales receipt too. When I sought the $100 dollar rebate on my 12FV a year ago, there was special address to mail it to that was different than the address on the rebate application. I applied for the rebate online first. That was important as some interpret the ad as not applying to the 12FV, but the ad clearly says ANY model 12.
    I am going to send in each rebate request in a separate envelope so they won't think it's for the same gun even tho SN's are required. LOL.

Where did you get the different address to mail the form to that was different from what shows on the rebate application.

What website did you "apply online" at??

Basic Member
    I did a search for "12fv" and came up with the discussion from a year ago with all the information you need. Here it is: http://www.savageshooters.com/showth...highlight=12fv

got it, thanks. Guess I will call the #'s on the rebate form and go from there to see what they say. LOL

Banned
    Does anyone remember if the rebate was still on in November of 2015?

If so what was it?

I tried and got rejected, trying to find out if I can get it post due to the system.

And what is the UPC for the 308 12FV ? My white sticker is clear but never did find out if they use the whole number, part of it and which one.

I talked to the rebate center today, and the lady I talked to said to send the "white sticker" that has the bar code/model & SN/description. I just cut the end of the box off and taped it back up for storage purposes, and will mail the entire sticker/end of box in to the rebate center.

Basic Member
    Ive done the same with success a couple times

Banned
    Ok, worth a try, I will copy it but same idea.

Hakcobra
    Stopped by cabelas last night. They had 12fv's on sale for $349 and with the $100 rebate I couldn't pass that up. Picked up a 22-250 and a 204 ruger. Already have one in 308 and the first time shooting it it was shooting 1/2 moa. Hopefully these two will do the same.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RC20 View Post
    Does anyone remember if the rebate was still on in November of 2015?

If so what was it? .
    bump

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RC20 View Post
    bump
    If you do a google search for Savage rebate, I think you will find previous deals. IIRC, Savage changes the mix after June 30 each year. The ones that have a rebate from July-Dec are different than from Jan-June. I doubt the model 12 is in the July-Dec mix.

Bigtulip
    What parts would be needed Stomp 442 to convert a 12FV to a detachable mag?

Page 7 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast