Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 596566676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 1781

Thread: Cabela's Savage 12FV THREAD FEST

Basic Member

It's a Savage...sell the barrel and upgrade to whatever you want...

I picked up my 12FV yesterday in .308 from the recent sale. It's my first accutrigger, out of the box it was 1.75 lbs, I was able to adjust it down to around 8 oz! I decided to leave it at 1.75 lbs. I've got a 4-14x44 Vortex Viper that needs a home I'll slap on it. Eventually I may do the Boyd's stock thing, but I'm going to shoot it as is for awhile.

I also was surprised how long a 26" barrel is. I had to raise the top shelf in my safe to get it to fit, I figured with having several shotguns with 26" barrels that wouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by celltech View Post
    It's a Savage...sell the barrel and upgrade to whatever you want...
    I bought a 12FV and did just that. Of course I bought mine a week before the recent sale but no sweat. I bought mine in 6.5CM and resold the barrel a few days later for $150 or so. Already had a Shilen .243 waiting for it- and now the whole thing lives in an Oryx. It’s a lot of fun for the ~$1,000 I’ve got invested.

Basic Member
    OK, so, the 12FV, is undoubtably, a good economical rifle thats actually pretty nice w/ heavy barrel in "short action". So, does savage offer a model in "long action", thats sorta equivalent to 12fv heavy barrel and economical ?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ice tea View Post
    ...So, does savage offer a model in "long action", thats sorta equivalent to 12fv heavy barrel and economical ?
    I suppose “economical” is in the eye of the beholder, but Cabela’s is offering the Model 10T-SR on sale for $360. It’s a “tactical” style with what I guess is now the “old style” Accu-stock stock, threaded medium-contour barrel, DBM, and a one-piece rail. It’s available in short and long action. I assume it’s small shank.

Basic Member
    thanks, Beowoulf, I'll look into it

Basic Member
    I see Cabelas and Bass Pro are advertising the Savage 12 Benchrest, single shot, in .308 for $799. That's $800 under list! But I went to the local B.P and asked to order one, they said no, I could not.

If it's advertised for sale, how can I order one?
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by Texas10 View Post
    I see Cabelas and Bass Pro are advertising the Savage 12 Benchrest, single shot, in .308 for $799. That's $800 under list! But I went to the local B.P and asked to order one, they said no, I could not.

The "new" website says this model is not available/out of stock, and you can only add it to your wishlist, not order. Only restriction is you can't use PP to buy it outside of the normal restrictions.

Even the FV12 models were out of stock. LOL

Basic Member

They seem to have sales on many items that are listed as "out of stock" or "not available" on their site for some reason.

Let us know if you are able to order one. Heck of a deal (if you can get it).

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/Sava...t-Action-Rifle

Listed as "not available" and "in select stores only". "Out of stock" at my store...

Basic Member
    The ship-to-address option is never available for guns.
    The difference between the Savage 12 Benchrest offering and the 12 FV offering being "out of stock at my store", is that the 12 FV can be ordered on-line and will be shipped in less than a week for delivery at your local store, at least mine were delivered to my store in a couple of days.
    The 12 Benchrest is apparently available only in the stores that have stock since they don't ship from store to store. It can't be ordered on line, probably because they only replenish from the warehouse and they don't have stock in the warehouse.
    There are probably only a couple available anyway at any store that happens to have stock. They don't stock a lot at stores.

Is the bolt spacing of a 12FV the same as a 10BA?
    also if I can swap the 12FV into my 10BA chassis will it function with the AICS mags?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump_rrr View Post
    Is the bolt spacing of a 12FV the same as a 10BA?
    also if I can swap the 12FV into my 10BA chassis will it function with the AICS mags?
    It should fit just fine. I ordered a blemish Stealth chassis from MDT last x-mas and it works perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by celltech View Post
    It should fit just fine. I ordered a blemish Stealth chassis from MDT last x-mas and it works perfect.
    Thanks,
    Mine is the original chassis version but I’m guessing action screw spacing must not have changed.

Basic Member
    12FV action screw spacing is 4.4" if you want to measure what you already have...

Basic Member
    I moved my two 12 FVs to Oryx AICS chassis and both fit perfectly.
    It actually improved the accuracy a bit as well.
    I got the biggest improvement with the 6.5mm CM because the 12 FV factory stock flexed.
    The .223 didn't show as much improvement but the accuracy did improve a bit as well with the Oryx chassis.
    Most, if not all, of the modern Savage 110s have the 4.4 spacing whether they have a top or bottom bolt release.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx2rk View Post

Even the FV12 models were out of stock. LOL
    I dont think so. If, theres a green box that says "order online", its avail to order. if the box turns "grey", then its not avail. i'm seeing green boxes on all 4 guns on cabelas and bass pro

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ice tea View Post
    I dont think so. If, theres a green box that says "order online", its avail to order. if the box turns "grey", then its not avail. i'm seeing green boxes on all 4 guns on cabelas and bass pro
    How do you filter all the bass pro/cabelas? My bass pro is set up for my location and I’d have to change states to see if one was available. Is there a way to search Bass Pro or Cabelas as a whole without changing states or location to see if one is in stock?

Delete your cookies
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama110Tac View Post
    How do you filter all the bass pro/cabelas? My bass pro is set up for my location and I’d have to change states to see if one was available. Is there a way to search Bass Pro or Cabelas as a whole without changing states or location to see if one is in stock?
    the guns are in there warehouse. so, you just call there main number (basspro 800 227 7776), give them the sku #, pay them w/ a card, and tell them which store you want the gun(s) to go to. when gun arrives, ya go down there to start your paperwork. it looks like the 308 off sale, but all 4 still avail

Basic Member
    Is 419.99 the regular price? That is what it appears to me?? Thanks for y’all s help.

Basic Member
    $419.99 is the regular price.

I got both of mine for 319.99 but even at the full price it is a pretty good deal.
    One of my buddies paid 259.99. Now that is a great deal.

Cabelas/Bass Pro has an awful inventory management system. It's bad enough that deal from there get flagged by a bot on reddit prompting a message about their inventory issues. It's not just you dont worry!

Basic Member
    Yea, that gun is no longer on sale. I was at the B.P when it was and asked the counter person if I could order the model 12 target that was on sale and he indicated that I could not. Sounds an awful lot like the ol' bait and switch scam.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Basic Member
    Yea, that gun is no longer on sale. I was at the B.P when it was and asked the counter person if I could order the model 12 target that was on sale and he indicated that I could not. Sounds an awful lot like the ol' bait and switch scam.
    Their "sale" system is definitely odd.

It seems there may be a few of a specific rifle in-stock somewhere, but in order to get it you have to buy it at that store. At least that's what I get out of it.

Not very realistic.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CFJunkie View Post
    One of my buddies paid 259.99. Now that is a great deal.
    That is a great deal but believe it or not, I snagged mine for $204 between sale, rebate and discounted gift cards off eBay. Then saved $200 from XLR on a Halloween sale and $250 off the PST Gen II from Midway to top it off.
    - Kirk -