Page 60 of 72 FirstFirst ... 5056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1781

Thread: Cabela's Savage 12FV THREAD FEST

I dont think it will get any cheaper. I do hope they flop sale prices between calibers again. They started with the 204s on sale(379) first this last time too.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas10 View Post
    Thats gotta suck! Might want to check the action screw torques too. Torque the front screw to 45 INCH pounds and rear screw (front trigger guard screw) to 25. The rear trigger guard screw only holds the guard and is not torqued, just snugged. If Savage doesn't come through for you in this week between Christmas and New Year, PM me and I'll put one in the mail to. I have several spares.

What caliber did you buy?
    Texas10,

I can’t seem to be able to send you a PM regarding the trigger guard screw.

Would like to get one and haven’t got s reply from
    Savage.

Z

I lost one of the actions screws after removing the stock. I called them on phone and they sent a new one the next day.Nice people to talk to, and part was free.

ps I did have to wait about 5 minutes on Q

Sam

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-Rider View Post
    Texas10,

I can’t seem to be able to send you a PM regarding the trigger guard screw.

Would like to get one and haven’t got s reply from
    Savage.

Z
    Yea, I see you're new to the site. Privileges are limited unless you upgrade to at least bronze. IMOP the best investment you can make to get all the parts and information you seek. Go gold and have even more fun!

Meanwhile, Stitch together this email address and send me your information. I'll get it in the mail tomorrow, New Years eve: fly 4 fun seven eight 664 at yahoo dot com
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas10 View Post
    Yea, I see you're new to the site. Privileges are limited unless you upgrade to at least bronze. IMOP the best investment you can make to get all the parts and information you seek. Go gold and have even more fun!

Meanwhile, Stitch together this email address and send me your information. I'll get it in the mail tomorrow, New Years eve: fly 4 fun seven eight 664 at yahoo dot com
    Email sent. If you get it please reply and I’ll send my info.

Z

Basic Member
    wished savage would do a rebate on-top of the sale.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOW JW View Post
    wished savage would do a rebate on-top of the sale.
    $60 rebate

Basic Member
    BBW365 and others I am wondering since that is a BassPro rebate if it would be honored if purchased through Cabelas? I remember the stores being consolidated under one corporation, but was looking at the Bass Pro web site and they did not have the .204R listed on sale. Reason I am asking is Bass Pro is alot closer for me than any Cabelas store.

Basic Member
    The rebate form says *nothing* about where you have to buy the rifle from. The odd thing is the 12FV rebate code is R9840, which is the same code that Vista Outdoors shows for Axis/Trophy Hunter models. There is no 12FV choice on the online rebate site.

I guess you will have to mail in the 12FV form and just follow through....or somebody call Vista and tell them to fix their online form. Has anyone gotten the recent 12FV rebate back yet???

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BBQ365 View Post
    Well I guess I need to dig out my receipt.....

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by celltech View Post
    The rebate form says *nothing* about where you have to buy the rifle from. The odd thing is the 12FV rebate code is R9840, which is the same code that Vista Outdoors shows for Axis/Trophy Hunter models. There is no 12FV choice on the online rebate site.

I guess you will have to mail in the 12FV form and just follow through....or somebody call Vista and tell them to fix their online form. Has anyone gotten the recent 12FV rebate back yet???
    I noticed the same this A.M. as I just submitted a rebate (Wallmart Axis) through Vista online and that promo does not list the 12FV. Also just had a short online chat with BassPro to see if they would honor the Cabelas site sales and the answer is no. Bass Pro being alot closer for me, but they do not have the 204R in stock or sale. Going to call the actual store later and see what I can work out.

Basic Member
    I, too, live much closer to Bass Pro than to Cabelas and was told by both, I could order "by phone" and have it shipped to Bass Pro for pick up, no charge. I came to ask them this while returning an item I had ordered from Cabelas, but was returning to Bass Pro. It has to be by phone, because there is not an option for that when ordering online.

Basic Member
    I'll confirm that as of today. My Bass Pro said no problem, no charge or maybe five bucks at most. Called Cabelas and they instructed me to call their customer service and order over phone.

Basic Member

I’m in the same boat. Don’t see the 12fv in the drop down menu. I’ll send my info in and hope for the best

Basic Member
    Don't they have to adhere to there add no matter what how there website is setup.

Mighty nice of you to offer one up.

I picked up one in 6.5 Creedmoor. Plan to grab another this summer in .204 or 22-250
    I’m impressed with the 22-250.its my do all rifle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    My dad bought one of the cabelas sale 12FVs in 6.5 creedmoor last year and he's having some pretty bad extraction issues. We looked at the ejector and it looks beveled. The ejector on my 5yr old 10T is flat and does not have this bevel. It has had this issue from the start and he has only shot about 100rds through it. He has been trying to get in contact with Savage on this issue but ends up sitting on hold for hours at a time without anyone answering.

Is this a widespread issue? Can anyone confirm if the bevel is supposed to be there?

Basic Member
    Completely normal...extraction is weak on all of mine, except the ones I put the SSS extraction kit on. Now they sling shells across the room....

Basic Member
    Completely normal...extraction is weak on all of mine, except the ones I put the SSS extraction kit on. Now they sling shells across the room....
    Link to this extraction kit?

Basic Member
    Weak is an understatement on his... About 50% don't even make it out of the receiver. Are your factory ejector faces flat or angled?

Link to this extraction kit?
    https://www.tacticalworks.com/Savage...actor-Kit.html

This is were I get mine.... They are out of stock often as they sell so fast... I usually buy 2 at a time for each rifle.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrazy-Chris View Post
    Weak is an understatement on his... About 50% don't even make it out of the receiver. Are your factory ejector faces flat or angled?
    All angled. When I got my first kit I did the extractor first and then the ejector. Extractor alone seemed like no change, but that longer, flat ejector with its stronger spring....that's the ticket.

Basic Member
    Sorry...double posted and can't delete it...

Basic Member
    All angled. When I got my first kit I did the extractor first and then the ejector. Extractor alone seemed like no change, but that longer, flat ejector with its stronger spring....that's the ticket.
    Thanks for the response. I'm very disappointed in Savage. Despite the low cost, just can't recommend them to anyone anymore.

Basic Member

Ready for maiden trip to the range!