Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Cabela's Savage 12FV THREAD FEST

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by quigley257 View Post
    I stopped in to Cabela's and found that the 12FVs are on sale through the end of the month. The Savage $100 rebate goes through the end of June also. The FVs are marked at $349.99 which is $70 off the regular price of $419.99. How can anybody pass up these rifles at a final price of $250 after rebate?!! They actually had all four calibers in stock to boot. Go. Go now...
    I wish you'd kept that information to yourself, now I gotta go look to see what to get next.

Quote Originally Posted by cowtownup View Post
    I wasn't able to get the rebate..
    Did they actually deny it or what?

Basic Member
    Its been about a year and half ago so I don't recall exactly what transpired. I did submit it even though it was obvious to me that the $100 rebate was intended for rifles that cost upwards of $1000. For that reason, I did not contest the fact that they did not honor it.. It does say Model 12 on the website but if you look below it specifically list the various model 12's that it was intended for and the 12FV was not one of them. I heard people say that they have gotten it so definitely give it a try, just be aware that you may not get it..

Basic Member
    Hey Quigley257 that price was it on a weekly flyer, because i went to their site and its still $419.00.

Thanks

So did anyone get the rebate check?
    newbie from gr, mi.

Basic Member
    Cabella's printed out the necessary rebate information for me at the time of purchase which I submitted along with the necessary form to Savage the first week of May. I got a post card in the mail Friday that I had not submitted a serial number so I copied the paperwork I sent originally (with the serial number) and mailed it back Sunday morning. They are at least looking at them!

My rebate on the status website has shown IN PROCESS since May 9th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sent mine in at the end of March and contacted them at the middle of May. They "hadn't received" the stuff I mailed but would take a scanned copy I made for just this eventuality. Mine has been "in process" since May 13th. I thought about buying the 223 version too since its on sale, but my wife would probably kill me.

Basic Member
    Man makes me mad I bought mine on march 30. I paid $419.00. Wish I would have waited 3 more days for the $377 price. I think I will buy another maybe the 308 this time. Marty

Basic Member
    My rebate in march came thru fine

Basic Member
    My march rebate came thru ok

Quote Originally Posted by alltherage View Post
    My march rebate came thru ok
    How long did it take from the March date to mail to you? I may be moving in July so hoping that mine shows up soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Month n a half id say

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrvideostore View Post
    Hey Quigley257 that price was it on a weekly flyer, because i went to their site and its still $419.00.

Thanks
    The website still shows $419.99 but they assured me that the sale price of $349.99 was good through June 30th.

Basic Member
    Goin to buy another fv tomorrow! Yeehaw

Basic Member
    My rebate has been in now for two months. Form says to allow 6-8 weeks. Shows "in process". Hmmm.

Engin60er?
    Purchased one of these yesterday (223) for $359.00 and a rebate slip for $100. What a great deal for this rifle. Going to range later today!

Basic Member
    In process is a good thing. Have processed a 12fv and 2 axis hb with no trouble.
    I just got back from cabelas. Got the last .22-250. 349.99 minus an ancient gift card for 25 and a coupon for 20 off. Should be 236 after mail in rebate! Stellar value. I am going to try to stick to the "sav-adage" on this one and pull the barrel and sell it before shooting. Tough to do lol

Basic Member

Cabelas business practice a bit off

Went with a buddy to get a 12FV .223 a couple days ago. His NICS got delayed (he's never had an issue before?)
    Cabelas told him that he had to put the rifle on layaway to hold it for him for the 5 days until they could transfer it to him.
    They wanted 25%. What's that all about?

I work at a different "big box" store selling guns. I've NEVER required such a thing. I just file the paperwork, put customers name on gun, and secure it for up to 30 days.
    Then they said that they could not guarantee the rifle would still be there when his NICS came through if he didn't do the layaway. That's total BS.
    He said no, he would not do the layaway as he felt it was a lousy business practice, he'd wait the 5 days and risk it. If they sell it, so be it, he'd look elsewhere for a rifle.

Not challenging that it's a smoking deal @ $349 less $100, but Cabelas business practices seem a bit off to me.
    [COLOR=#ff0000]Hello to all you nice folks at NSA :)[/COLOR]

Basic Member
    Yes, they told me that a couple months ago they were told they cant hold guns for even a day...like if youre traveling from far away to buy it and want to make sure it will be there.

Basic Member
    I had to do the same thing to pick up my 12FV from Cabella's in Columbus OH. It was going to be several days before I could make the drive up to get it. In order to hold it I needed to put it in layaway so I just paid in full over the phone...less 1 cent to put it in lay away for a few days. When I picked it up they didn't even ask for the penny. I thought it was a pretty slick way to put a gun on hold.

Quote Originally Posted by alltherage View Post
    Yes, they told me that a couple months ago they were told they cant hold guns for even a day...like if youre traveling from far away to buy it and want to make sure it will be there.
    I called the closest Cabela's to me (~75 miles) last Wednesday morning at 9am when they opened, just to verify they had both a 12 FV in 223 and 204 so I could "compare" them. That's what I told the wife anyways, and I'm sticking to it. The guy checked and said they had one of each, I asked if he could "hold" both of them for until I could get there. I explained I had about 75 miles to drive and just did not want to waste a trip by both guns being gone when I got there. He said "no problem", I thanked him, got cleaned up and we hit the road. Got there and they had held both guns/calibers in my name, and I bought both of them. I was tickled that they held both for me, did not ask if anyone else had inquired about them and they did not say. The cashier even brought out the latest cabelas bucks at $20 off, so that helped a bit more.

Now I just have to get off my duff and file the rebate forms, and get both rigged up for the range test.

Basic Member
    definitely inconsistencies by store then. When I read on here that they had gone on sale, I immediately called and they would not hold it. So i checked the inventory on line this morning and headed out. when I got there, I asked if that was policy now (after buying the rifle of course!), and 2 people confirmed. Odd, what's the big deal in holding for a set number of hours etc.

Basic Member
    It might have something to do with the fact that they ship rifles between stores too. My local store (just opened the prior weekend) did not have the .223 in stock. I tried to have them ship it from Columbus but since my store was less than 30 days old they were prohibited from sending/receiving guns. After the initial 30 days of opening the stores will ship inventory anywhere in the country to meet customer needs. In your case you were driving to pick up same day and the salesman was pretty confident that the rifle wasn't going anywhere for a few hours, maybe he even had more than one in stock. In my case I needed the rifle held for a week.

I learned a couple things about buying from a store that just opened. 1) there appears to be just one person in a management role that was transferred from another store to break everyone in. No one I'd talked to up until her knew how to go about transferring a rifle store to store or knew why they couldn't for 30 days. When I called the Columbus store to put the rifle on layaway (while still standing in the new store) the first guy that answered the phone told me they couldn't legally transfer to a store <30 days old per BATFE rules. 2) They don't have everything on the showroom floor. If you don't see what you want, ask until you get the right person. In the gun area there are designated individuals that have access to the "good stuff" in the back room. If the salesman you ask isn't one of those people they really don't know what's back there. My local store is only allowed to have 20 pounds of gunpowder on display on the showroom floor per local fire ordinance. I went in looking for Varget and there was none on the shelf, not even a price sticker for it on a shelf. My salesman asked another who asked the guy with access and sure enough, they had it in the back room.

Another forum pointed me in the direction of this deal. With the 100 dollar MIR, this is an awesome deal.

Sadly I cannot find one in stock at the Cabela's closest to me in East Grand Forks, MN. a 120 mile drive, so I called ahead. the associate there told me that he had none in stock and he did not see any in their inventory across the entire company.

Is this deal like a one-time clearance type deal on the 12FV? Are they going to be available in the future... I sure want me one of these....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast